Workforce and Community Services
Incident Command Refresher (8 hours)
[ Popular Programs and Services ]
[ Satisfied Clients ] [ Benefits ] [ Contact Us ] [ Post A Job Opening ]
Training Program Description
The Incident Command System, or ICS, is an accepted organizational structure for the management of emergency and disaster situations of all sizes. By designing a standardized system to remedy problems, it allows different agencies, public and private, to come together and communicate in the same language, within the same structure and chain of command, and it increases accurate and timely receipt of information up and down the chain of command. These, amongst other benefits of this system, facilitate a common approach in event management.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Describe the functions of the Incident Command System.
- Identify the strategic goals.
- Explain the command function.
- Complete needed documentation.
- Develop and implement an emergency response plan.
- Explain proper decontamination procedures for selected chemicals.
- Select an appropriate response scenario for given situations.
Upon completion of the "hands-on" component of this program, the participant should be able to demonstrate proper use of:
- Planning to establish an emergency response plan based upon the information at the scene.
- IMPLEMENTATION of the ERP based upon available resources of personnel and equipment.
- A BASIC DECONTAMINATION PROTOCOL established, based upon information regarding
- the chemical and physical properties of the hazardous material released.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT LEVELS selected based upon associated hazards
- and risks of the PPE and chemical encountered.
- MITIGATION PROCEDURES using various equipment and techniques for containment and control.
- RADIO COMMUNICATION EXERCISE to develop radio communication competency and develop
- skills in radio transmission protocol.
- DOCUMENTATION PROCEDURES utilized from the onset of the incident to successful
- termination and mitigation of the incident.
Start your success today by calling (567) 661-7319.