Frequently Asked Questions

Corporate/Contract Training

Continuing/Community Education

Continuing/Community Education

How can I register/pay for a Continuing Education course?
View our Four Easy Ways to Register.

Where can I find a class schedule?
Download our Non-Credit Course Catalog.

When are courses offered?
They are offered days, evenings, and weekends. To check out our current offerings, download our Non-Credit Course Catalog or email us at

What is the refund policy?
Contact us three business days prior to the class start date to receive a full refund. Cancellations made after this, or prior to the class starting, will receive full credit to be used toward another class (within 1 year). No refunds or credit will be issued for cancellations after the class has started.

Do I need to apply for admission to the College?
For non-credit courses, admission to the College is not required.

What is the difference between a credit and a non-credit course?
In general, credit courses are designed for students who are interested in earning college credits towards a degree or certificate. These courses are usually a full semester long. Students who take credit courses receive a letter grade (A, B, C, D or F) at the end of the semester.

Noncredit courses are short-term classes offered through the continuing education department. They are intended for students who want to gain general knowledge, learn a new skill, upgrade existing skills or develop personal interests. Upon completion, students may request a certificate of completion from the College.

ALL non-credit classes are not applicable toward a degree. A certificate of completion can be issued at the completion of the course. An important difference is that Federal Financial Aid is not available for non-credit classes.

What if a class I've registered for is cancelled?
Register early to avoid disappointment. Non-credit classes are self-supporting and course-related expenses are paid from student registration fees. Courses that do not meet a minimum student enrollment are subject to cancellation. If that should happen, every effort will be made to notify you. Therefore, it is important that we have an accurate phone number and email address for you. We will attempt to transfer you to another section, find an alternate course, or offer a full refund.

Can my employer pay for my class?
Yes. A Company Billing Authorization must be completed prior to class. Please call (567) 661-7357 to request a form be faxed to you or your supervisor.

Do I need a parking pass?
Students are not required to register their vehicle and purchase a parking permit each semester. Students, alumni and visitors may park in the YELLOW parking spaces.

Where is my class located?
Classes are offered at four locations or at the location listed in brochure:

  • Toledo Campus
  • The Source
  • Arrowhead
  • Findlay Campus

Refer to brochure for your class location.

How can I verify that I am in a class?
You will be notified if class does not run. Confirmations are not sent. If needed, you can call (567) 661-7357 to verify enrollment.

Are there special prices for Owens faculty and staff?
Please review Fund Transfer Request forms located on the Owens employee Intranet.

Do I need to take a placement or assessment test?
No testing is needed or required for non-credit courses.

Do I need to get an Owens Express student identification card?
An ID card is not needed for non-credit classes, but if interested, you may.

How do I purchase a gift certificate?
Call our office at (567) 661-7357. You can have the certificate sent to you or your recipient. You can purchase one for a certain amount or for a specific class.

When do I sign up for a class?
Register early. Classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Workforce and Community Services reserves the right to change locations, times or dates where necessary, or cancel classes.

What if I miss a class?
It is your responsibility to attend the class date(s) you registered for. Make-up date(s) are only scheduled if class was not held. Refunds are not given after a class has started.

Will I be dropped from a course if I do not attend?
The only way you will be dropped from a Continuing Education class is if you ASK to be dropped. You will be responsible for paying for the class unless you drop it prior to the class starting.

Where do I purchase my books?
Books for most classes are part of the course fee and will be distributed in class. Some classes may vary on book policy. If so, it will be stated in course description.

How do online courses work?
You register for the course and complete all requirements via the internet. You are able to work on the class when it is convenient for you. Some courses have a time frame to complete and some may have a specific start date. Please go to this link for more information.

How can I get a copy of your brochure?
For a printed version to be mailed to you, call (567) 661-7357.

What happens in the case of inclement weather?
Owens Community College class cancellations due to inclement weather will be announced on local radio and TV stations.

Can kids or teens take continuing education courses?
Some classes have certain age ranges listed. If no age is listed, they are open to all ages as long as individuals can handle the time duration of the class and conduct themselves professionally in the classroom.

What if I am interested in teaching a class and /or have a suggestion for a new class?
Please call our office at (567) 661-7357, email us at or complete the online form.

Do I receive college credit?
ALL Continuing Education classes are non-credit and not applicable toward a degree.

When are the courses and workshops offered?
We have offerings year round.

I still have a question. Who can I contact?
Call our office at (567) 661-7357, email us at or complete the online request form.

Corporate/Contract Training

Whom do I contact for more information?
Please call (567) 661-7357 or email us at

Where is corporate/contract training held?
Training is held at our facility or yours, whichever would best fit your needs.

What classes are available?
We offer classes in a variety of areas: business, technical, computer, quality, and many more. Contact us to discuss your needs.

Will my employees receive college credit?
Contract training classes can be arranged for credit if academic standards are met.