Workforce and Community Services
Ohio Incumbent Workforce Training Voucher Program (OIWTV)
Your company may be eligible for state grant funds that could reduce your workforce training expenses by as much as 50% If your company wishes to seek the available funds, NOW is the time to apply. The Ohio Development Services Agency has opened the grant application portal so that you can prepare your application.
How Can Owens Help?
- Preparing the grant application. Owens training specialists assist you with as many of the following services as you need:
- Determine what training programs will make your company stronger.
- Introduce you to our network of subject matter experts and facilitators who can design the optimal training solution.
- Prepare training project budgets needed when applying for the grant.
- Provide support to any of your employees you wish to utilize as trainers.
- Help you gather company and employee data needed for the grant application.
- Keep you informed about key grant dates, including advance warning of application windows.
- Help you determine whether your company meets the OIWTV Program's eligibility requirements.
- Advise you on what training subjects meet the Program's requirements.
- Deliver high-impact workforce training.
- After you meet our presenters/instructors prior to training, they will customize training to meet your specific needs.
- Training schedules and locations are aligned with your needs.
- Owens staff handles all the logistics, makes sure textbooks or other printed materials are in place when needed, and facilitates communication so your own staff can focus on their regular jobs.
- Comply with grant reporting requirements.
- Owens manages training records, providing you with electronic and hard copy documentation as needed for grant compliance reports. Attendance records and other forms are designed to comply with state requirements.
- Training completion certificates bearing the official Owens Community College brand are appreciated by your employees and recognized by grant program administrators. Printed certificates are provided to your employee. Electronic versions are created to you for grant reporting purposes.
- Owens provides you with all the documentation necessary for you to correctly submit requests for reimbursement of training expenses.
- When you have special situations, our staff can answer most questions. When we cannot, we reach out to the people we know in Columbus to get advice from the grant program's administrator.
Key Things to Know
An eligible company can receive up to $250,000 total for training, with a maximum allowed $4,000 per trained employee.
To qualify for training expense reimbursement, you must be paying the employee at least $10.88 per hour before benefits and the employee must be working at least 25 hours a week.
Grant funds may not be used to cover the cost of an employee's wages while he or she is attending training.
Your company can be reimbursed only for training provided to residents of the state of Ohio. If your company has Michigan (or other state) residents, please contact your Owens Account Representative to discuss options.
The state targets select industries to receive training funds through this grant program. State grant administrators have final say about whether your company is eligible. Targeted industries include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Back Office
- Corporate Headquarters (Ohio-based company regardless of industry)
- Financial Services
- Food Processing
- Information Technology/Services
- Research and Development
The state also selects types of training content that grants can be used for. Training is likely to be eligible if any of the following apply:
- Non-credit or credit coursework at an accredited education institution.
- Training for improved process efficiency (Lean Six Sigma, ISO, etc.)
- Training for an industry-recognized certificate/credential.
- Training is needed for using a new piece of equipment at the company.
- Computer skills.
- ICD-10 medical coding-related content.
Access the State of Ohio Grant Web Site
For more information, feel free to contact the Owens team.
(567) 661-7449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.