Become an AWS Certified System Operations Administrator
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the future of cloud computing. As the largest provider of cloud computing services, today’s system operations (SyOps) administrators need to know how to operate and administer AWS solutions. This 100% online course provides a comprehensive overview of AWS and will fully prepare you to sit for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam. Key topics include AWS configuration tools, as well as techniques for creating scalable, automated and repeatable deployments in the cloud.
Job Outlook for AWS System Operations Administrator
- System operations administrators are in high demand. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that demand for network and computer systems administrators will create over 18,00 new jobs between now and 2028.
- However, Amazon Web Services is the largest provider of cloud computing platforms and APIs to enterprise-level clients, making AWS systems operations administrators more in-demand than other system operations professionals. According to Payscale.com, certified AWS SysOps administrators make $108,000 on average.
AWS System Operations Administrator FAQs
WHAT DOES AN AWS SYSTEM OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR DO?
AWS system operations administrators configure an AWS platform and deploy, maintain and manage operations with the cloud systems environment. While SyOps administrators focus their technical expertise on resolving operational problems, they also:
- Manage and operate scalable networks system
- Control dataflow within the AWS platform
- Make recommendations for the appropriate AWS service based on organizational requirements
WHAT JOBS CAN YOU GET AS AN AWS CERTIFIED SYSTEM OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR?
Amazon Web Service (AWS) dominates the high cloud industry, so earning the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate significantly strengthens career opportunities for individuals who have the technical expertise to deploy, manage and operate on AWS. As an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, you could go on to work in the following roles:
- Operational Support Engineer
- Cloud Software Engineer
- System Integrator — Cloud
- Cloud Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- AWS Solutions Architect
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF AN AWS SYSTEMS OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR – ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATION?
As an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, you are prepared to work with the largest provider of cloud computing products and services. AWS provides servers, storage, networking, security and other cloud services to many of the world’s largest organizations, including Netflix, Facebook and the US Department of Defense. Industry estimates suggest that AWS has more than a third of the cloud market, holding share over both Microsoft and Google cloud services. Holding an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate credential validates your knowledge of best practices in cloud management and distinguishes your professional skill set to potential employers.
- Be prepared to take and pass the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Manage-ment Console
- Understand foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Manage-ment (IAM)
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Unit I: AWS Technical Essentials
INTRODUCTION AND HISTORY OF AWS
AWS FOUNDATIONAL SERVICES: EC2, VPC, S3, EBS
AWS SECURITY, IDENTITY, AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT (IAM)
AWS MANAGEMENT TOOLS
Unit II: AWS System Operations
SYSTEM OPERATIONS ON AWS OVERVIEW
NETWORKING IN THE CLOUD
COMPUTING IN THE CLOUD
STORAGE AND ARCHIVING IN THE CLOUD
MONITORING IN THE CLOUD
MANAGING RESOURCE CONSUMPTION IN THE CLOUD
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT IN THE CLOUD
CREATING SCALABLE DEPLOYMENTS IN THE CLOUD
CREATING AUTOMATED AND REPEATABLE DEPLOYMENTS
Raymond Lacoste has dedicated his career to developing the skills of others. His 17 years in the industry allow him to pull from experience in the areas of Amazon, Cisco, and Microsoft. For the last 8 years, he focused primarily on advanced IT instruction. He is also the Cisco Press author of the TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide. Raymond is a voracious learner and is constantly studying new technologies. To date, he has passed over 100 exams. His certification wall includes various certificates from Amazon, Cisco, Microsoft, ISC2, ITIL, and CompTIA. Over the past years he has also been awarded, on numerous occasions, the Cisco Sirius Top Quality Instructor Award and the Cisco Instructor Excellent Award.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.