Programmable Logic Controller Training
Looking for hands-on PLC training? Owens is the region's leader in training the workforce to utilize this valuable industrial technology. Training is also available on demand for employers - with content and location custom-tailored to your company's needs.
Most firms today employ individuals with skills in industrial automation and control. A programmable logic controller (PLC) is used to operate and control the operation of most machines operating in industry today. Owens offers a broad array of training courses that will help you gain valuable knowledge for utilizing this technology. Our courses are based on the popular Allen Bradley brand of PLC systems.
Introduction to Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Operation (16 hours)
Recommended for students who have completed our Electric Controls class or have a background in electrical controls and would like to learn basic PLC operation. Training will focus on Allen-Bradley SLC 500 equipment, and the course fee includes both a text and computer software which will be used during class and can be used after class with most personal computers.
- Overview of PLC's
- Hardware section of the SLC500 controller and addressing
- Safety Circuit.
Wiring of I/O modules & diagrams.
- Software - Structure - LogixPro, Rslogix and Rslinks
- Data files, program files and scan relationship
- Discrete instruction, Examine On/Off, Energize, Latch/Unlatch and Logic gate Functions. Rules for programming rungs of logic
- Editing methods, inserting and removing instructions and rungs.
- Number systems
- Timer instructions: TON, RTO, TOF and RES
- Counter instructions: CTU and CTD
- Math instructions: ADD, SUB, MULT and DIV
- Compare instructions: EQUAL, NOT EQUAL, LESS THAN, GREATER THAN, LESS THAN OR EQUAL, AND GREATER THAN OF EQUAL.
- Jump, Label and MCR instructions
- Subroutine Function instructions
- Sequencer Functions instructions
- Thumbwheel input and digit readouts
- FIFO, TOD and FRD instructions
- Trouble-shooting PLCs
Allen-Bradley ControlLogix Training (15 hours)
ControlLogix is one of the newest controllers in industry today. If you have completed our Introduction to PLC Operation training or have a working knowledge of SLC 500 operation, consider the next step. Both a text and a ControlLogix DVD that explains all common tasks are provided as a part of the class.
Some topics below are covered only if time permits.
Overview Controllogix 5000 family of controllers Compact, Rack Mount and Brick
- Project Tree
Create a Project
- I/O Configuration
- Create New Tasks
- Create New Programs
- Create New Tags
- Create New Routines
- Create New Sub-routines
Create Ladder Logic
- Add and Configure Drivers
- Ethernet Communications - Computer and Controller - Networks
- Upload / Download Programs
Safety Circuit, Wiring of I/O modules and diagrams
Discrete instructions, Examine On/Off, Energize, Latch/Unlatch and logic gate functions. Rules for programming rungs of logic.
Editing methods, inserting and removing instructions and rungs.
Timer instructions: TON, RTO, TOF, RES - Cascading and Freerunning
Counter instructions: CTU, CTD, - Combination and Cascading
Math instructions: ADD, SUB, MULT and DIV
Bit Shift, Byte Swap
Compare instructions: EQUAL, NOT EQUAL, LESS THAN, GREATER THAN, LESS THAN OR EQUAL, AND GREATER THAN OR EQUAL
Jump, label and MCR instructions
Subroutine Function instructions
Sequencer functions instructions
FIFO, TOD and FRD instructions
FANUC Robotics Training
Fundamentals of FANUC Robotics
Join us for an introduction on robotic technology. Training will focus on FANUC robotic equipment. You will learn basic programming and machine language, as well as how to operate our FANUC robot.
REGISTER EARLY - CLASS SIZE IS VERY LIMITED.