Owens Community College Skillshops
For more information, call (567) 661-7351 when the college is open.
What are Skillshops?
- Short, free sessions in Toledo and Findlay that run throughout the year to support students
- They focus on important topics affecting student wellbeing and academic success as well as hobbies
- They provide useful information and advice about adjusting to college life
- They support students experiencing personal and academic difficulties
- The sessions are led by trained faculty and tutors familiar with our campus and students
Why attend a Skillshop?
- Get support in achieving your study goals
- Improve your college experience
- Learn new skills to achieve good results
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Stay motivated and avoid procrastination
- Develop your strengths and abilities
- Identify problems early
- Discover where to get the best help
What Skillshops are offered?
The following sessions are available on a rotation basis:
- Do it Better: Study Skills and Test Taking Skills
- MLA/APA Refresher
- Time Management: Where does the time go?
- Less stress = success!
- Learning to Meditate
- Where do those commas go?
- Reflective Journaling
- The Joy of Note Taking
- Read Smarter, Not Harder
- Beating Writer’s Block
- Vocabulary Test? No sweat!
- How to write a convincing argument
- How to use Smarthinking and E-tutoring
- Public Speaking for Nervous People
- Surviving Owens
- The Owner's Guide to You
- How to use Pearson Writer
- Match your personality to your career
- Sticking with tough courses!
Skillshops will be posted here once the new sessions are scheduled.