Accounting Technology, AAB (Owens Code: ACCT)
The Accounting Program, through a fully comprehensive curriculum, offers students a variety of choices through an Associate Degree and accounting certificates to immediately enter the job market.
Upon completion, students have acquired fundamental accounting skills, including preparation and interpretation of financial statements, budget development, cost analysis, computer applications and tax compliance.
These skills prepare them for employment in a variety of positions including, but not limited to bookkeepers, payroll clerks , auditing clerks, accounts receivable/payable clerks, tax preparers and accountants.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate working knowledge of theory and methods of double-entry accounting system
- Communicate accounting and financial information orally, in writing and with computer technologies
- Interpret financial information to make decisions, recognize and resolve problems and inaccuracies
- Work collaboratively, ethically and demonstrate professional responsibility
- Demonstrate working knowledge of accounting standards of taxation
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Students who complete this degree will also have completed three certificates, which are fully embedded in the degree: the Quickbooks Certificate, the Payroll Certificate and the Bookkeeping Certificate. Three additional classes are needed to complete the CPA Qualifying Certificate.