Early Admit is a program designed to allow students in grades 9-12 to enroll in college credit courses while still attending their high school.
This is not the College Credit Plus program. Please go here if you are interested in College Credit Plus.
- required to have a 3.0 GPA cumulative GPA based on their high school transcript.
- required to meet the College Level Reading Placement by either ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer scores.
- required to meet with an Early Admit Advisor to schedule classes and go over first-time Owens Enrollment Orientation.
- responsible for all cost of tuition, fees, supplies, and books required for college courses.
- not permitted to receive financial aid and/or FAFSA.
How to Apply & Register
- Complete and submit the online First Time Freshman Application
- Log into your Ozone account with your new credentials after applying. Once logged in, feel free to explore your Ozone account. If you are having trouble getting into your account, please call Help Desk at (567) 661.7120. Make sure to have your social security on you for confirmation when you call.
- Complete and sign the Early Admit Parent Signature Form and mail to:
- Owens Community College
- Attn: Records Office
- P.O. Box 10,000
- Toledo, OH 43699-1947
- Take a placement test provided at Owens or have scores on the ACT/SAT that waive the placement test (Reading (22+). Call Testing Services at (567) 661-TEST (8378) if you have questions.
- If you have completed all steps listed above and are ready to get registered, please contact the correct advisor listed below for an appointment. Phone appointments can be scheduled; however, you must be in front of a computer during the scheduled appointment time.
Contact the Advising Office on the campus you plan to attend.
- Toledo (567) 661-7777
- Findlay (567) 429-3509
Please note: All Owens students including Early Admit are eligible to register for courses that the pre-requisite has been met. Course availability is first come first serve. It is highly encouraged to schedule an advising appointment early in the registration open dates because Early Admit students cannot register on their own.