Academic Success Centers
Tutoring Services, Hours and Locations
The Success Centers are closed for College holidays. Please check the academic calendar for dates that the College will be closed.
Accounting Tutoring Center - Spring 2021
January 25 - May 7
Closed Spring Break: March 15 - March 21
Monday & Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Thursday: 1 – 4 p.m. and 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
By appointment only
Online appointments only.
*Tutoring hours and delivery methods are subject to change
*Appointments limited to 1 hour per day per student.
To make an appointment: Schedule appointment by following this link. >>
Before scheduling your appointment, please click on "ABOUT US" on the left side of the page for important information and policies about tutoring. When scheduling your appointment, please note:
- You should select the ACC class you need help with.
- Your tutoring session will take place online.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to join a BlackBoard Collaborate session prior to the appointment. You should have a web cam and microphone (or other video/audio capability) to participate in the session.
- Your Owens email address will be required to schedule the appointment. (All communication with students must be done using your secure Owens email address.)
- Appointments scheduled online can only be done 24 hours or more in advance.
- If you need to schedule an appointment with less than 24 hours' notice, please call the office at (567) 661-7280 to check availability. Tutor availability cannot be guaranteed with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so ASAP via the reminder email you receive when scheduling your appointment, or call the office at (567) 661-7280 to leave a message for the tutor.
- All tutoring is free of charge to students and alumni.
If you have questions or concerns about Accounting Tutoring, please contact Libby King, Chair of Business Technologies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connection Mentors (Mentoring and Study Skill Support)
Student to student support for connecting to academic and non-academic resources on and off campus.
Toledo, College Hall Rooms 154 and 155
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
By appointment only
Online and on-campus appointments are available
If you are in need of assistance outside of regular office hours, please call (419) 460-1272 for assistance.
IST Virtual Tutoring, Spring 2021
All IST students are welcome to schedule time with one of our many tutors!
We are eager to help you be successful!
Steps to follow to schedule a tutoring time
- Find a time in the following schedule that works for you.
- Email, from your Owens account, the tutor during that time directly for an appointment, at least one hour prior to your desired time.
- Email must include:
- Subject: Requesting an IST Tutoring appointment
- Message: Course Number & Section Number & Requested Appointment Time
- Tutor will respond with either a link to join their Blackboard Collaborate Tutoring room or, if they are already busy at your requested time, they will provide you with additional scheduling time options.
- Tutor will also send you a Tutoring Form that you must download, fill in, save, and return to tutor.
|IST TUTORING SCHEDULE
January 28 – May 14
|Monday||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Kelley Colstonemail@example.com||IST100, 131, 132, 235|
|12 - 2 p.m.||Alison Moweryfirstname.lastname@example.org||IST100, 131, 132, 235|
|5 - 8 p.m.||Robert St. Johnemail@example.com||IST100, 133, 134, 175 and programming except IST269|
|Tuesday||2 - 4 p.m.||Nancy Wolfefirstname.lastname@example.org||IST100, 131, 132, 235|
|4 - 6 p.m.||Thomas Flowersemail@example.com||IST100, 131, 132, 235|
|6 - 8 p.m.||Alison Moweryfirstname.lastname@example.org||IST100, 131, 132, 235|
|Wednesday||5 - 7 p.m.||Nancy Wolfeemail@example.com||IST100, 131, 132, 235|
|Thursday||5 - 8 p.m.||Robert St. Johnfirstname.lastname@example.org||IST100, 133, 134, 175 and programming except IST269|
|Friday||5 - 8 p.m.||Robert St. Johnemail@example.com||IST100, 133, 134, 175 and programming except IST269|
|Saturday||9:30 - 10:30 a.m.||Nancy Wolfefirstname.lastname@example.org||IST100, 131, 132, 235|
|4 - 7 p.m.||Robert St. Johnemail@example.com||IST100, 133, 134, 175 and programming except IST269|
Information on Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra:
- You must use Chrome as your Web browser.
- The link you receive from tutor will automatically take you to virtual tutoring room. The first time you join a session you may need to step through a few instructions, so allow yourself time.
- You must have a microphone to talk with the tutor. FYI: microphones are very sensitive and will pick up all background noises.
- Each tutor determines the use of video.
- The tutor can demonstrate application techniques, just like watching an overhead in class.
- You can also share the files you are working on to show your tutor where you need help.
If you are not hearing back from the IST tutor/tutors you have selected, please call Diana Stachowiak (M-F, 12-5:30 p.m.). After hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Math Tutoring Center
All tutoring will be online only.
January 25 through May 13
Remote Mathematics Tutoring will be available on the following days and times:
Monday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Remote Statistics Tutoring will be available on the following days and times:
Monday: 12-8 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Thursday: 12-9 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tutoring will be unavailable March 15-21.
To make an appointment:
Students are required to make an appointment electronically by visiting https://owenscommunitycollegemathtutoring.setmore.com/ and following the prompts.
Note: Students must use their Owens email address to schedule appointments. Student will need a web cam and microphone to participate via most desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile devices.
Math tutoring help – (567) 661-7646
Online Hours, Spring 2021
Online-only appointments are available. NO face to face appointments. Tutors are available only through online appointments.
February 22 – May 13, 2021
Monday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday: 3-5 p.m.
Saturday: No tutors available
Sunday: No tutors available
No holiday appointments – March 12-21, 2021: Closed for Spring Break
Available tutoring – Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Physics
To make an appointment – Students can make an appointment here >>
Science tutoring help – email@example.com or (567) 661-7034
Students MUST use their Owens email address to schedule appointments.
- Student will need a web cam and microphone to participate via most desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile devices.