Learning how to effectively manage money will help you reach your goals, minimize stress, and achieve confidence and competence.
Learn financial skills
Owens Community College wants financial literacy to be a part of your everyday life. The following is a tool that will assist in understanding your financials, https://edrepay.com/Home, providing free tips and tools for budgeting, financial planning, and repaying student loans.
Create a budget
The best way to track finances is through a personal budget.
- Keep track of your income.
Planning your budget after graduation? Below are some resources to help you estimate typical salaries.
- Keep track of your spending.
- Pay for major costs and necessities first.
Estimate your monthly loan payment by using the loan repayment calculators on StudentAid.gov.
- Set aside savings for emergencies and future goals.
- Review your budget to make sure that your income will cover your spending and savings; adjust your budget as needed.
Monitor your credit history
Ensure that your credit history is accurate by obtaining a free credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com.
Repay your student loans
Below are some resources to assist you in repaying your student loans.