As northwest Ohio’s leader in workforce training, Owens Community College offers a solution to close the skills gap for business and industry. Upskill your workforce through the State of Ohio’s TechCred program.
No matter your industry, technology is having an impact on the future of your business and the nature of your work. Ohio’s TechCred program gives businesses the chance to upskill current or future employees to help them qualify for a better job in today’s tech-infused economy.
If you need skilled labor, train current or future employees through this new program in partnership with Owens Community College.
What is TechCred?
TechCred reimburses businesses up to $2,000 per student for training in 20,000 technology-focused credentials. For a credential to qualify, the credential:
- Must be short-term, less than one year to complete
- Must be technology-focused
- Must be industry-recognized
Examples of credentials:
- Allen Bradley PLC
- CNC Programming
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- FANUC Certification
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- PLC Programming
- Robotics and Automation Technology
- Siemens PLC
Earn up to $2,000 per student
As an employer, we know that hiring tech talent is expensive. TechCred helps employers take their dedicated workforce and make them their top tech talent while reimbursing costs up to $2,000 per student (up to $30,000 per funding round).
Get started! The deadline to apply is March 31, 2020.
- Identify skills needs and employees
- Partner with an education or training provider
- Apply online
- Enroll employees in the program
- Submit proof of completion of credentials
- Receive reimbursement for completed credentials
Owens Community College
Workforce and Community Services
Find out more.