Spring 2022 Hours
Notice: The SHAC will be closed Friday, May 27 (Commencement) and Monday, May 30 (holiday).
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Toledo-area Campus SHAC is open to only students, faculty and staff. There will be limited hours, days and equipment available. View the Academic Calendar for dates the College is closed.
If you plan to visit the SHAC, please be aware of these COVID-19-related safety measures below as we work to ensure a safe and healthy visit for all.
The Alumni Hall Exercise Facility is closed for student, staff and faculty use.
SHAC Safety Measures
- The new Owens Express ID is required for entry. See the Express card page for details. No one without the new ID will be allowed access to the SHAC. If you have questions regarding how to get the new Owens ID, contact the Department of Public Safety.
- Areas open at this time are the cardio, weight machines, free weight rooms and the track. The basketball courts and other gym facilities will continue to be closed.
- The locker rooms are open. You can store items in the locker rooms or in the cubicles in the front of the cardio room. You are responsible for your items during storage in either option.
- No towels will be provided.
- Any items left in the SHAC will be turned in to the Department of Public Safety for pick up.
- If there is a need to close the SHAC on one of the scheduled open days, this webpage will be updated as well as signage at the point of entry to the SHAC.
These conditions are subject to change based on the status of COVID-19 and on recommendations and guidance from the health department and the state of Ohio.
The health and safety of our campus community remains at the forefront as decisions are made. For additional information please contact Amy Giordano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Owens Express Card is Required
Please note that all students, faculty and staff will need to have the new Owens Express card in order to gain access to the SHAC. Old Owens Express ID cards will not allow a faculty, staff or student to enter and utilize these facilities.
If you are obtaining this new Owens Express Card, there will not be a charge. If you are issued the new Owens Express card, and should need a replacement, there will be a charge.
Please visit www.owens.edu/expresscard/ for details on hours and locations to obtain your new Owens Express Card. The new Owens Express card began being issued for staff, faculty and students in August 2020, so anyone who has the new card at this time does not need a replacement in order to access the SHAC. If you are unsure if you have the ‘new’ or ‘old’ Owens Express Card, please contact the DPS Customer Service area for support.