Student Health and Activities Center (SHAC)
View the SHAC Activity Calendar for scheduled events and activities.
Fall and Spring Hours
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The SHAC is closed when the College is closed. Please see the academic calendar for dates that the College will be closed.
Hours may be adjusted to accommodate special events.
Owens Faculty, Staff & Students: Free
Owens Alumni: Free with purchase of an Alumni Association membership, which is $20 per year
Full-time employee Family Pass: Free
Spouse and children ages 9-22
A parent must accompany children ages 9-17
Limit of 1 guest a day per member
About the SHAC
Students, Owens Alumni Association Members, Staff and Faculty are all welcome to utilize the state-of-the-art Student Health and Activities Center (SHAC). Guests are also welcome when accompanied by a member. Guest pass fee is $5.00. The "SHAC" features:
- aerobic studios
- weightlifting areas
- student gym and indoor running/walking track
- three multipurpose basketball courts
- open atmosphere food court
- performance court for Express basketball and volleyball games
With advanced equipment and various aerobic classes such as Pilates, Kickboxing and Step, you're bound to release a few endorphins to keep your mind and body in top shape.
- The fitness area offers the latest in cardiovascular and machine strength equipment.
- The free weight room allows for some serious iron-pumping sessions.
- The aerobics studio features a cushioned wood floor, sound system, hand weights and more for HPE classes.
- The Owens Student Media Center – OutComm, resides in SHAC 156, housing the Owens Outlook digital newspaper, the OutReach social media staff, and the OutCast – OCCR, Owens Community College Radio staff and studios.