The Toledo-area Campus SHAC is open to students, faculty/staff, alumni and community members.
Fall 2022 Hours
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Closed September 3 – 5 due to the holiday.
View the Academic Calendar for dates the College is closed
The Alumni Hall Exercise Facility is closed for student, staff and faculty use.
SHAC Safety Measures
- Areas available for use are the cardio and weight machines, free weight room, track and green courts.
- The locker rooms are open. You can store items in the locker rooms or in the cubicles in the front of the cardio room. You are responsible for your items during storage in either option.
- No towels will be provided.
- Any items left in the SHAC will be turned in to the Department of Public Safety for pick up.
- If there is a need to close the SHAC on one of the scheduled open days, this webpage will be updated as well as signage at the point of entry to the SHAC.
- Sanitation stations are located throughout the facility.
These conditions are subject to change based on the status of COVID-19 and on recommendations and guidance from the health department and the state of Ohio. The health and safety of our campus community remains at the forefront as decisions are made.
New Owens Express Card is Required
Please note that all students, faculty/staff and community members will need to have the new Owens Express card in order to gain access to the SHAC. Old Owens Express ID cards will not allow faculty/staff, students or community members to enter and utilize these facilities.
Please visit www.owens.edu/expresscard/ for details on hours and locations to obtain your new Owens Express Card. If you are unsure if you have the “new” or “old” Owens Express Card, please contact the DPS Customer Service area for support.
If you are obtaining this new Owens Express Card, there will not be a charge. If you are issued the new Owens Express Card and should need a replacement, there will be a charge.
Purchase a Membership
As an employee’s relative, alumni, retiree, or even a member of the community, you can purchase a membership to use the SHAC fitness center.