Owens Community College offers numerous online certificates through our professional network. You can participate any time of day or evening. The following is a selection of our leading online courses.
Career Training Courses
Go to: Career Training Courses
Over 300 online courses designed by college instructors will provide the skills necessary to enter a new field or advance your current career. These affordable courses include instructor feedback and are scheduled for specific registration periods. To view the catalog and register, click here.
Top Career Certificates
- Data Analysis*
- Project Management*
- Social Media for Business*
- Digital Marketing* (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers*
*Self Study Available
- Management (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Supervisory Leadership
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Business Writing (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Online Teaching
- Teaching Adults
- Entrepreneurship (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Leadership Development (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Customer Service (two months)
- Mastering Excel
- Nonprofit Administration
- Basic Game Design (two months)
- Presentation Media (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Web Design
- Productivity (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Programming for Non-Programmers (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Managing Social Change (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Workplace Communication (Starts Every Month February through September)
- NEW! HOT! Coding
- NEW! HOT! Bookkeeping
- NEW! HOT! Graphic Design Software Essentials (Starts Every Month February to September)
- Learning Styles
- Workplace Conflict Solutions (Starts Every Month February through September)
- Mastering Video Marketing
- New for 2020! SQL (Structured Query Language)
Professional Development Training
Choose from a wide range of highly interactive professional development courses that you can take entirely over the Internet. All of our courses include expert instructors. Popular courses include Business Writing, ECO Broker Certification, Technical Communication, and Supply Chain Management. Courses are as low as $79 each. You can start a course at any time or be on a fixed schedule. You have access to the course for a whole year so you can take your own refresher!
- Speed Spanish
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Grammar Refresher
- Introduction to SQL
- Introduction to Python 3 Programming
- SAT/ACT Prep Course
- Effective Business Writing
- Mastering Public Speaking
- Real Estate Investing
- Beginning Conversational French
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Instant Italian
- Teaching Students with ADHD
- Personal Finance
- Lose Weight and Keep It Off
- Certificate in Mindfulness
- Introduction to Screenwriting
Industry Online Certificates
- Business and Professional eBusiness, Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, and others
- IT and Software Development-Hands-on courses give the experience in the ever-expanding world of technology
- Management and Corporate-Project management, IT management, lean mastery, Six Sigma, and others
- Media and Design-Graphic design, web design, event management and design, and residential interior design
- Hospitality and Service Industry-Thirteen certificates available in hospitality and service industries
- Skilled Trades and Industrial-Seventeen certificates in the heavy industry job market
- Sustainable Energy and Going Green-Eleven certificates available in green energy field
Home Inspection Certificate Course
Owens Community College is pleased to partner with Carson Dunlop to offer this high quality Home Inspection course, endorsed by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). This 10-course platform provides you with the technical skills and expertise required to conduct visual examinations and deliver written reports on the physical and operational condition of homes or housing units. For detailed course information, go to www.OwensWorks.com and click on continuing education, then Home Inspection. Each module is $395, which includes online class, books and materials. To register go to: www.carsondunlop.com/owens
Consider Online Classes, Courses and Certificates
Online classes, courses and certificates are an excellent choice for many students because of the flexibility offered while balancing work and life schedules with the academic rigors online. That said, Owens Community College wants all students to succeed. Consider these questions and your answers. Are online classes, courses and certificates right for you?
- Do you have self-discipline and motivation?
Be able to pace yourself and keep up with assignments.
- Are you able to commit time each day or week to your online course(s)?
Be able set aside time to keep up with your daily or weekly assignments.
- Do you have good communication skills and can express ideas in writing?
Be able to express yourself in writing? Online courses require good writing skills.
- Do you feel comfortable discussing course problems with your instructors?
Be able to discuss course problems using online technology with your instructor.
- Are you comfortable using computers?
Be capable of word processing and use the internet.
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, then enroll online today!