Owens Community College Academic Advising engages, challenges, and supports a diverse student population to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.
Students are assigned an academic advisor based on their major. Furthermore, they will work with that advisor during their pursuit of a degree or certificate.
Find your advisor
Students are assigned an advisor based on their declared major. To find your Academic Advisor’s name and contact information, log into Ozone and scroll to the “Advisor(s) Contact Information” card.
When should I meet with my advisor?
- To get assistance with choosing a major
- To select classes for the upcoming semester and develop an academic plan
- To receive information about the selective health admissions process
- To learn about resources on campus
- To answer questions about policies and procedures at the College
- To receive guidance on preparing and applying for graduation
How do I meet with my Academic Advisor?
Students can meet with their academic advisor by phone, online, and in-person. To request an appointment, please complete the online request form, or Students can also call the Student Service Center at (567) 661-2387 to schedule an appointment.
Please be aware, effective immediately, Owens Community College requires face coverings for everyone in attendance, regardless of vaccination status.
Important information regarding in-person appointments:
- A photo-id is required to complete the check-in process.
- Please check-in 10-minutes prior to your appointment.
- Appointment attendance is limited to the student and up to one guest.
- If you are feeling ill, we ask that you reschedule or schedule an online or phone appointment.
How to Register for Classes
- Log in to your Ozone account.
See Navigating Your Ozone Account for Ozone assistance.
- Click on the Registration card in your Ozone account.
- Select Add/Drop Classes.
- Select term and click Submit. (If prompted, confirm personal information and review the financial agreement to continue.)
- Scroll to bottom of the page and click Class Search.
- What do academic advisors do?
- Reasons for seeing your advisor
- Preparing for an advising appointment
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advising Syllabus
- Academic Planning Worksheet
- Adding/Dropping Classes
- Academic Advisors by Program Area
- Student Financial Services
- Tutoring Services
- Withdrawal/Refund Deadlines