Owens Community College Academic Advising engages, challenges, and supports a diverse student population to assist students in achieving their educational and career goals.
Students are assigned an academic advisor based on their major and will work with that advisor during their pursuit of a degree or certificate.
When should I meet with my advisor?
- To get assistance with choosing a major
- To select classes for the upcoming semester and develop an academic plan
- To receive information about the selective health admissions process
- To learn about resources on campus
- To answer questions about policies and procedures at the College
- To receive guidance on preparing and applying for graduation
Find your advisor
Students are assigned an advisor based on their declared major. To find your Academic Advisor’s name and contact information, log into Ozone and scroll to the “Advisor(s) Contact Information” card.
How do I meet with my Academic Advisor?
How to Register for Classes
- Log in to your Ozone account.
See Navigating Your Ozone Account for Ozone assistance.
- Click on the Registration card in your Ozone account.
- Select Add/Drop Classes.
- Select term and click Submit. (If prompted, confirm personal information and review the financial agreement to continue.)
- Scroll to bottom of the page and click Class Search.
- What do academic advisors do?
- Reasons for seeing your advisor
- Preparing for an advising appointment
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Advising Syllabus
- Academic Planning Worksheet
- Adding/Dropping Classes
- Academic Advisors by Program Area
- Student Financial Services
- Tutoring Services
- Withdrawal/Refund Deadlines