Federal School Code 005753

Additional Resources

Other sources of financial assistance available include employers and public agencies. Qualification requirements vary by organization. Please contact the appropriate agency listed for more information.

Veterans’ Benefits
Veterans attending Owens may be eligible to receive benefits through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs when pursuing most associate degree programs. For more information, please visit the website of the Office of Veterans Services.

AmeriCorps is a national service program that provides tuition assistance in exchange for community service. Contact the AmeriCorps National Service Office at 1-800-942-2677 for more information.

Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD)
The Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities may provide tuition assistance for physically and/or emotionally disabled or visually impaired students based on individual circumstances. Lab fees and supplies may also be covered, depending on the availability of funds. Students should contact their local rehabilitation office for additional information. Rehabilitation clients are usually required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
Funding under this program may provide full tuition, lab fees, books, required equipment, transportation expenses, and sometimes special service allowances for eligible students depending on the availability of funds. Administration of this program varies from community to community. Check with the WIOA Office at the county Department of Job and Family Services Office for more information. Applicants for this program are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Student Emergency Assistance
Students who have encountered an unexpected financial hardship may apply for emergency assistance.  Click here for more information.

Educational Tax Credits
Tax incentives may be available for certain college expenses, such as tuition and fees, as well as student loan interest. For information, consult your tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service.

Get More Information About Financial Aid