The Center for Campus and Community Connections is a walk-in office created to provide retention support through financial stability initiatives and community connections. This includes connecting students to campus and community resources, student mentors, Ohio Benefit Bank counseling, and volunteer coordination.
Specifically, the Center for Campus and Community Connections will:
- Serve as the point of contact for students needing services or experiencing hardship to identify specific needs.
- Serve as the coordinating office for the Owens Connect Network.
- Connect students to peer mentors.
- Sustain and build the Owens Harvest Food Pantry, Career Closet and Community Garden.
- Connect students to on and off campus resources.
- Connect the campus community to the community at-large.
- Research and develop new resources related to financial stability to support students.
- Assist with coordination of faculty and staff development related to financial stability, service learning, and volunteerism.
- Work with internal stakeholders on College-wide service projects.