The Center for Campus and Community Connections is a walk-in office created to provide retention support through resource stability initiatives and community connections. This includes connecting students to campus and community resources, student mentors, and volunteer coordination.
Specifically, the Center for Campus and Community Connections will:
- Serve as the point of contact for students needing services or experiencing hardship to identify specific needs.
- Serve as the coordinating office for the Owens Resource Stability Team
- Connect students to peer Connection Mentors.
- Sustain and build the Owens Harvest Food Pantry, Career Closet and Community Garden.
- Connect students to on and off campus resources.
- Connect the campus community to the community at-large.
- Research and develop new resources related to resource stability to support Owens students.
- Assist with coordination of faculty and staff development related to resource stability, service learning, and community engagement.
- Work with internal stakeholders on College-wide service projects.
- Model community building on and off campus.
Director: Krista Kiessling, email@example.com, 567-661-2275
Connection Mentors: Sarai Peterson, Monique Nelson, Gregory Weiner, Kassandra Sanchez, Alyssa Munn-Winston, firstname.lastname@example.org
Americorps Vista: Lori Deshetler, Lori_deshelter@owens.edu