We offer our students both face-to-face and remote learning options.
All students must attend a two-day in-person new student orientation before attending either type of class.
How to Enroll in a Class:
See the ASPIRE Site Schedule for class days and times. Next, fill out the Student Registration and Release of Information Form using these directions:
- Fill out the Student Registration and Release of Information Form.
- Pay close attention to the questions marked with asterisks (If those questions are left blank, you cannot submit the forms).
- To sign your name use the mouse, your finger, or a stylus (Those under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign this form).
- Hit the Submit button. If you’ve left any questions with asterisks blank, OnBase will not accept the document.
- After submitting the forms, someone from our office will contact you to schedule a required New Student Orientation. Be aware that it can take seven to ten working days to respond. Instead feel free to call our office directly to sign-up for the next orientation.
You will need Wi-Fi, an Internet-connectable device and a Gmail account to participate in online education (instructions on obtaining a Gmail account are listed below).
Tuition-Free Classes for your Success!
Owens Aspire College and Career Readiness Center (CCRC) provides Tuition-FREE services for individuals* who need assistance acquiring the skills to succeed in life, post-secondary education and training, and employment.
Services available in the Toledo and Findlay areas:
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Adult Basic Education/High School Equivalency (HSE – Formerly GED)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) ***
- College Entrance Exam Preparation (CPC) **
- Distance Education
- Transition services for employment and post-secondary
- Life skills, employability skills, and computer literacy
- Workplace Literacy to increase the productivity of the workforce
*All students must attend an in-person orientation where an assessment is given to help determine individualized education plans and goals.*
Please review the types of classes we offer below. View our Site Schedule >>
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Classes ***
This class is for non-native English-speaking students who desire to improve their speaking/listening or reading/writing skills in the English Language. Students will also have the opportunity to gain cultural and citizenship skills.
The Advanced ESOL class is for higher-level non-native English speakers who want to take college classes here at Owens or prepare to start a career. ASPIRE placement testing is required.
High School Equivalency (HSE – Formerly GED) Classes
This class is for adults wanting to obtain a High School Equivalency Certificate. CCR courses provide free instruction at the learner’s pace.
High School Equivalency Classes >>
View the State HSE website for test information and applications >>
College Preparation Course (CPC)
The College Preparation Course acts as a bridge to college enrollment by teaching the basic skills that will lead to higher placement scores.
CPC Orientation and Class Schedule >>
Justin Heath Huber
Program Director, Owens CCR
Office Manager, Owens CCR
Transitions/Special Needs Coordinator, Owens CCR
Susan Hany PhD
Staff Development and Curriculum, Owens CCR
Please be advised:
The Aspire College and Career Readiness Center Office and ALL Aspire classes (GED/HSE, ESOL, CPC) will be closed at ALL locations and not in session on days the College is closed. Closures include winter and spring breaks, College holidays, and any unexpected closures due to weather or other incidents. See the academic calendar for dates.
We look forward to assisting you in attaining your goals!
Please call Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(567) 661-2CCR (2227)
Walk-in information is available in Founders Hall, Room 1121
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our program serves residents of Lucas, Wood and Hancock Counties. For information about other Aspire Programs across Ohio, please visit https://studentportal.literacypro.com/oh/.
*OWENS FACULTY AND STAFF BE ADVISED*
All in-person Toledo-area Campus Aspire classes are held in COLLEGE HALL. Orientations are held in COLLEGE HALL (specific room numbers will differ depending on orientation, call the main office number for more information).
All in-person Findlay Aspire classes are held in EDUCATION CENTER 138 & 150. Orientations are held in EDUCATION CENTER 182.
* Individuals between the ages of 16-18 must provide either an official withdrawal from compulsory education from the last school attended on official school letterhead signed by the superintendent or designee or provide written evidence of a high school credential before enrolling in an Owens Aspire CCRC class.
** A referral form from an Owens Community College advisor is required before registration
*** according to federal law, Owens Aspire CCRC may not provide services and instruction to Limited English Proficient students in the United States with F-1 visas. For students interested in Advanced ESOL, ASPIRE placement test is required. Lower-level students may enroll in regular ESOL classes.
Would you please donate and support those pursuing their GEDs and other academic goals?