Owens Aspire College and Career Readiness Center (CCR) provides Tuition-FREE services for individuals* who need assistance acquiring the skills to succeed in life, post-secondary education, training, and employment.
Whether providing education in basic academic skills, English for Speakers of Other Languages classes or High School Equivalency classes, Owens CCR is here to help!
Classes and Services We Offer:
- Adult Basic Education/High School Equivalency (HSE – Formerly GED)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) ***
- College Entrance Exam Preparation (CPC) **
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Distance Education
- Transition services for employment and post-secondary
- Life skills, employability skills, and computer literacy
- Workplace Literacy to increase the productivity of the workforce
* Individuals between the ages of 16-18 must provide either an official withdrawal from compulsory education from the last school attended on official school letterhead signed by the superintendent or designee or provide written evidence of a high school credential before enrolling in an Owens Aspire CCRC class.
** A referral form from an Owens Community College advisor is required before registration
*** according to federal law, Owens Aspire CCRC may not provide services and instruction to Limited English Proficient students in the United States with F-1 visas. For students interested in Advanced ESOL, ASPIRE placement test is required. Lower-level students may enroll in regular ESOL classes.
Earn a high school diploma at no cost!
Click below to find out more about the 22+ High School Diploma Program
Would you please donate and support those pursuing their GEDs and other academic goals?