Tuition-Free Classes for your Success!
Owens College and Career Readiness Center (CCR) provides Tuition-FREE services for individuals* who need assistance acquiring the skills to be successful in life, post-secondary education and training, and employment.
Services available in the Toledo and Findlay areas:
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Adult Basic Education/High School Equivalency (Formerly GED)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) ***
- College Entrance Exam Preparation Course (CPC) **
- Transition services for employment and post-secondary
- Life skills, employability skills, and computer literacy
- Workplace Literacy to increase the productivity of the workforce
- Distance Education
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Classes ***
This class is for non-native speaking students with a desire to improve their speaking/listening or reading/writing skills in the English Language. Students will also have the opportunity to learn culture and citizenship skills.
High School Equivalency (HSE, Formerly GED) Classes
For adults wanting to obtain an HSE diploma, CCR courses provide free instruction at the learner’s pace.
College Preparation Course (CPC)
Providing a bridge to college enrollment by teaching the basic skills that will lead to higher placement scores.
CPC Orientation and Class Schedule >>
Justin Heath Huber
Manager, Owens CCR
Office Manager, Owens CCR
Transitions Coordinator, Owens CCR
Please be advised that the CCR Office, in addition to ALL CCR classes (GED/HSE, ESOL, CPC), at ALL locations will be closed and not in session on days the College itself is closed. This includes winter and spring breaks, College holidays, and any other unexpected closures due to weather or other incidents.
We look forward to helping you attain your goals!
Please feel free to call Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(567) 661-2CCR (2227)
Walk-in information available in Founders Hall, Room 1121
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*OWENS FACULTY AND STAFF BE ADVISED*
All in-person CCR classes AND orientations (GED, ESOL, CPC) are held on the Toledo-area Campus of Owens Community College in the 160/170 classroom hallway of COLLEGE HALL unless otherwise noted (specific room numbers will differ depending on date and class). There are NO CCR classes or orientations in Founders Hall.
The Owens CCR program provides high-quality instruction to adult learners who want to obtain a High School Equivalency or improve necessary skills to prepare for college or employment.
* Individuals between the ages of 16-18 must provide either an official withdrawal from the last school attended on official school letterhead signed by superintendent or designee, or provide written evidence of a high school credential before enrolling in an Owens CCR class.
** A referral form from an Owens Community College advisor is required before registration
*** according to federal law, services and instruction may not be provided to Limited English Proficient students who are in the United States with F-1 visas.