Lunch Dates & Menu
Fall 2018 Semester
Please join the American Regional (FNH 170) students and instructors on the dates below for a lunch service in the Terrace View Café .
This class explores the various foods and cuisine of the different regions of the United States. Each event will include a student driven menu, which has been based on their research of the selected area and ethnic influences on the foods.
Reservations are limited.
- Service hours are 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. with the final tables being seated at 12 p.m.
- Cash and check are the only forms of payment accepted for the all-inclusive price of $9.50
Reservations for the luncheons are full.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call (567) 661-7534.
Menu – Thursday, October 18, 2018
The Garde Manger Class Hosts a Featured Grazing Buffet
On Thursday, October 18, 2018, the Garde Manger class will host an hour of amazing foods. The presentation is a display and tasting of the students’ newly acquired or honed talents and skills in the upscale, high-level art of Garde Manger (the art of the cold kitchen).
This semester, the students have worked hard at creating sausages, smoked foods, cheeses, pates, vegetable and fruit carvings, chutneys, crackers, and canapés. Now the students are ready to open the Terrace View Café for a featured grazing buffet. Platters and menus will include themes developed by the students, which include foods of Egyptian history and culture, an exploration of heat in Spice of the World, and a variety of Lavender-infused offerings.
- Chicken Shawarma
- Kofta with Tahini sauce
- Egyptian Tomato Salad
- Cucumber Hummus Canapés
Spice of the World
- Indian curry chicken puffs with yogurt sauce
- Jamaican Jerk forcemeat sausage
- Southwest salad with jalapenos
- Asian spicy tuna roll w/wasabi sauce and pepper jam
- Capicola (Ham) and cold smoked cheese
- Duck Confit Salad with Pomegranate Lavender reduction
- Open Faced Chicken Forcemeat crostini with Lavender Aioli and Fresh Plums
- Roasted Purple Asparagus soup with Potato, Garlic and Crème Fraiche
- Earl Grey and Lavender Tea Spritzer