Students, for the most up-to-date information, be sure to check your student email account.
$3.9M Federal CARES Act Funding and State Budget Impact
For a student who, for a specific COVID-19-related reason, was not able to complete their class(es) for Spring 2020. (Added 4/22/2020 at 11:14 a.m.)
Please know Owens Community College takes your health and wellness seriously. The College has brought together a cross section of various stakeholders and operating groups on campus to review and revise the college’s existing pandemic crisis plan. Much of this work involves a focus on developing proactive measures to communicate, educate, and implement pandemic information and plans to faculty, staff, and students. This work is ongoing, and as plans are developed, revised, and refined, that information will be shared with the campus community.
The College is actively monitoring the status of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) including communicating with local and state health departments. The College will continue to provide updates to Owens Community College students, faculty, and staff in accordance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Ohio Department of Health, and local County Health Department guidelines.
Currently, Owens Community College stakeholder groups are regularly meeting, and communicating daily, to discuss and share federal, state, and local guidance on the evolving situation. In addition, teams of people, including Workplace Safety & Health, Human Resources, Student Services, Academics, Facilities and Operations, and the Department of Public Safety, are working day and night to ensure a clean and safe environment. In addition, the College is reviewing and updating policies, plans, and procedures to prepare for events that may change campus operations.
Effective health and wellness tips to minimize exposure and spread:
- If you are sick or have any (even mild) symptoms such as mild fever, cough, etc. please stay home. If these symptoms worsen please contact your nearest hospital or physician in advance and let them know you are coming with these symptoms.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, face, mouth, and nose.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as often as possible.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your immediate area. Our physical plant has increased the level and strength of cleaning in all areas daily.
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be seen as an extra layer of cleaning and should never be viewed as a replacement to frequent handwashing.
How to reach us
Due to social distancing guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and the Governor’s office, Owens Community College campuses will be serving our students virtually and remotely for the foreseeable future. In-person appointments will not be conducted. If you are unsure about your appointment or if you have a question, please contact the necessary department below. Thank you for your understanding.
- Admissions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advising – www.owens.edu/advising or email@example.com
- Bookstore – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Services – www.owens.edu/career or email@example.com
- College Credit Plus – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Labs – The labs at both libraries remain open or College Hall 156
- Counseling – email@example.com or (567) 661-2107
- Dept. of Public Safety – (567) 661-7575
- Disability Resource Center – firstname.lastname@example.org or (567) 661-7007
- Financial Aid – email@example.com
- Food Pantry – firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 460-1272
- International – email@example.com
- Library – firstname.lastname@example.org or (567) 661-7015
- Oserve – www.owens.edu/oserve or email@example.com
- Student Activities – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Conduct – email@example.com
- Testing Center – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title IX – email@example.com
- Veterans Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not see a department listed and you have a question, please use the online form to submit a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.