Information for full-time new and transfer international students at Owens Community College.
Owens Community College is a two-year public college Toledo, Ohio, the seventh largest state in the United States. Toledo is the fourth largest city in the state of Ohio and is located in the northwestern part of the state, bordering the state of Michigan and Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes. The Toledo-area Campus of Owens Community College is located in Perrysburg, Ohio, about a 10-minute drive from downtown Toledo. The College’s international students live in various locations in Toledo and surrounding suburbs. Toledo boasts an excellent art museum, and is home to the Toledo Zoo.
Certified to admit both F-1 and M-1 students, Owens offers an affordable, top quality education to those seeking an associate degree, certificate or professional development. Owens is a friendly and dynamic place to learn, featuring expert and committed faculty members and staff. Our small class sizes makes for personal attention and a smooth educational and cultural transition. As we believe being well rounded is essential to your college experience, Owens offers a wide variety of special interest clubs, honor societies, program specific organizations, and more!
With weekend, evening and online classes at locations in Toledo and Findlay, students have the flexibility to choose convenient class times. More than 100 academic programs providing rewarding careers are offered through four academic schools — the School of Business, Information and Public Service; the School of Liberal Arts; the School of Nursing and Health Professions and the School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Owens has developed program and course transfer agreements with nearly 40 4-year colleges and universities for the benefit of our students. Students can complete their associate degree programs at Owens and transfer their credits to any of our 4-year university transfer partners to continue their studies toward a bachelor’s degree.
For students needing assistance on their educational journey, a variety of support services are offered including academic advisors, tutoring services and computer labs at various campus locations. Disability services and counseling also are available to those who need professional assistance.
At Owens, “We believe in serving our students and our communities. Your Success is our mission.“
To apply for admission to Owens Community College, applicants must submit the following:
- Online application
- Financial Documents
- Proof of English Proficiency
- High school or college transcripts
- International Data Sheet
International students should complete the on-line application. Please click on the following link to apply online:https://bannerssb.owens.edu/prod/bwskalog.P_disploginnon
You will need to create user name and pin, and then complete the “International Application”
There are several ways to meet the financial requirements for admissions.
- Option A – Financial Certification Form plus bank statements providing evidence of financial support of $22,500 for each of two years
- Option B – Financial Certification Form plus bank statements providing evidence of one year of support ($22,500) plus documentation showing that support will be attainable in the future years such as letters of salary/employment, investments, tax returns, etc.
- Option C – Government Scholarship Financial Guarantee
Here is the Financial Certification Form.
Proof of English Proficiency
There are several ways to meet the Proof of English Proficiency Requirement:
- Option A – TOEFL or IELTS Scores (minimum scores needed)
- Option B – Owens Community ACCUPLACER ESL Placement Test (minimum scores needed)
- If you are in the Toledo area, you may take the ACCUPLACER ESL Placement Test at Owens Community College in place of submitting TOEFL or IELTS scores
English Proficiency Exemptions
The English proficiency requirement is waived for:
- Native English speakers
- Prospective students who have received their secondary education or high school education through the medium of English
- Applicants who have earned a passing score on the O-level Exam (GSE)
High School Transcripts, Translated into English
At a minimum, we will need a copy of your high school transcript. If you are in your senior year of high school, we will accept transcripts showing you are currently a high school senior. Once you graduate, we will need a copy of your complete high school transcripts.
College or University transcripts, if applicable, Translated in English
If you have attended a college or university, please also submit your transcripts. Transcripts should be official transcripts.
International Student Data Sheet
Here is the International Student Data Sheet.
Tuition for one semester is currently $3,912.00 for 12 credit hours. Go here to view tuition costs and fees.
- Fall Semester 2018 – Semester start date: Monday, August 27
- Deadline for applications: Monday, July 2, 2018
- Spring Semester 2019 – Semester start date: Monday, January 21
- Deadline for applications: Friday, November 23, 2018
Completed applications and all supporting documents from international students transferring to Owens Community College from another college within the United States must be received by the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester 2018 – Semester Start Date: Monday, August 27
- Deadline for applications: Friday, August 10, 2018
- Spring Semester 2019 – Semester start date: Monday, January 21
- Deadline for applications: Friday, January 4, 2019
Owens Community College is a two-year public college located in Toledo, Ohio, the seventh largest state in the United States. Toledo is the fourth largest city in the state of Ohio. It is located in the northwest part of the state, bordering the state of Michigan and Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes. With a population of 310,000, Toledo is a very manageable city.
The Toledo campus of Owens Community College is located in Perrysburg, Ohio, about a 10-minute drive from downtown Toledo. Our current international students live in various locations in Toledo and surrounding suburbs.
Toledo boasts a world-class art museum, and is also home to the Toledo Zoo, the Toledo Mud Hens, a minor league baseball team, and the Toledo Walleye, a minor league hockey team. The Peristyle is a concert hall and home of the Toledo Symphony Orchestra. The city also offers opera and theatrical performances.
Residents of Toledo enjoy all four seasons. Summer is warm in Toledo. Winter can be cold, with snow!