Orientation is a great way to learn about your Ozone student account and get to know the resources available to you as an Owens student.
We offer Orientation three ways:
- Online through your Ozone account
- In-person (On-Campus)
- Guided online (includes guidance from an Admissions staff member)
About your Owens username
Your username is your full first name, underscore, full last name: jonathon_doe. Some usernames will have a number following the last name due to students having a common name (example: jonathon_doe2).
New Owens students will need to activate their account at sspr.owens.edu.
- Click Activate Account and fill in your information.
- Once all information has been filled in, click Activate.
Note: Your OCID is your Owens nine-digit ID number found on your welcome letter. If you did not receive a welcome letter, please contact the Admissions Office at (567) 661-7777.
- Immediately following the activation process, you will set up your password.
- Once done, you can proceed to my.owens.edu to sign into your Ozone account.
You are required to change your password once you initially log in. Passwords expire every 120 days.
Password reset FAQs >>
After logging in to Ozone
Click Orientation on the Orientation card.
Once you have completed orientation and placement testing
You will work with your academic advisor for course recommendations based on your test scores.
During this session, you will:
- Take part in a hands-on orientation presentation
- Take the Accuplacer placement test (if needed)
- Have the opportunity to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor and Student Financial Services advisor.
General campus tours will also be available.
Guided Online Orientation
The Office of Admissions encourages all new students to complete Orientation through their Ozone account. However, we understand some students may have additional questions or need extra help accessing resources.
We have developed these sessions to walk new students through:
- How to register for classes
- How to see your bill
- What support services are available at Owens
A representative from the Office of Admissions will be available to answer any questions you may have about getting started and your next steps.