New Student Orientation
As a new Owens student, you must attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation is an opportunity for you to visit campus, talk with Owens staff, and learn about the offices that will aid you in your educational journey. Sessions last approximately 3 hours.
New Student Orientation is required of all new, degree and certificate seeking students.
If you are a transfer student, you must successfully transfer nine (9) credit hours to Owens to be exempt from orientation.
If you are a guest or transient student, you may not be required to attend New Student Orientation. If you have questions, please contact your academic advisor.
Orientation is for the student only. No family members, friends, or guests may attend the session.
If you have a disability and need accommodations or adaptions, please contact the Office of Disability Services at (567) 661-7007 to make arrangements prior to signing up for orientation.
Please note: after you register for courses, the NSO fee will be assessed to your student account. For more information on tuition and fees, click here.
Please be sure you have completed the following before attending orientation:
- An Owens Community College application for admission within the past year. If you are a new student, returning student who is applying for re-admission, or an international student, a $20 fee will be assessed for the completing the application. The fee will be charged to your student account once you register for classes. Your application will remain active for one semester. If you do not register for classes during that semester, you must re-apply in order to attend classes the next semester.
- Placement testing, with scores less than two years old, from the ACCUPLACER test, COMPASS test, the ACT test, or the SAT test. If you have not yet completed your placement testing, or have not requested your ACT and/or SAT scores to be sent to Owens, please contact the Testing Service at (567) 661-TEST (8378). We encourage all test takers to brush up on their skills prior to testing. Visit Testing Services for more information.
Please check in at your respective location:
- Toledo Campus (Admissions Center)
- Findlay Campus (Information Desk in the Education Center Building)
- Learning Center Downtown Toledo (front counter in the Owens lobby)
Click here to view orientation sessions available.
SIGN UP NOW
Click here if you are currently in high school or a recent high school graduate to attend a Registration Rocks session.
Click here to sign up for a New Student Orientation session.
* If you need information about COMPASS or ACT testing, contact Owens Testing Services at (567) 661-TEST (8378). Information is also available about preparation for the COMPASS with free workshops and/or classes.