Dual Admission Program
What is Oiler Express?
Oiler Express creates a direct path for students to complete their bachelor’s degree as quickly as possible. Start your college education at Owens Community College while the University of Findlay closely tracks your progress to ensure your Owens classes transfer seamlessly to Findlay.
Once enrolled in Oiler Express, you will attend Owens for your associate degree. At the completion of your first semester at Owens and as long as you earn a 2.5 GPA, you are automatically admitted to Findlay.
Advantages of Oiler Express
- One application – Apply to both colleges with one application! Your Owens application will also serve as your application to Findlay.
- Easy transition to Findlay – Your transcripts and application will be available to your advisors at both colleges. They will work with you every step of the way to ensure your classes fulfill your bachelor’s degree requirements at Findlay.
- Save money – Start your college career at the Owens tuition rate.
- Qualify for scholarships – Earn a $15,000 annual transfer scholarship to Findlay. If you are a Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) member, earn an additional $1,000 a year, making the cost of a Findlay education more affordable than you think.
Students who are planning to complete a bachelor’s degree at the University of Findlay are encouraged to participate in Oiler Express. If you have been a student at Findlay in the past, you are not eligible for the program. Current University of Findlay students who are taking classes at Owens to transfer back to Findlay are not eligible for the program.
Getting Started in the Oiler Express Program
- Complete the Owens application for admission and select University of Findlay as your desired university to complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Reply to the email from the University of Findlay and provide your intended major and other contact information. Your Findlay transfer admissions counselor and the program chair of your intended major will have access to this information to ensure your transition to Findlay is as smooth as possible.
- Current Owens students can access the “Oiler Express Dual Admission Form” in their Ozone account under the Academic Info tab.
- You may submit the completed form to the Student Service Center, email it to email@example.com, or mail it to: Owens State Community College, Records Office, PO Box 10,000, Toledo, OH, 43699
- Owens Community College
- Office of Admissions
- (567) 661-7777
- University of Findlay
- Office of Admissions
- (419) 434-4732