Dual Admission Program
Rocket Express is a partnership between Owens Community College and The University of Toledo. It is designed to provide you a seamless pathway to a bachelor's degree while also decreasing the time to degree completion. The University of Toledo offers the most diverse range of collegiate academic programs in the Northwest Ohio region. As a UT student, you can choose from any of 140 undergraduate majors and programs. UT offers nationally ranked professional programs in business, engineering, and law, and health science programs including physical and occupational therapy, nursing, pharmacy and medicine. For decades, The University of Toledo and Owens Community College have worked together to make the process of transitioning from Owens to UT as smooth as possible for students. With Rocket Express, this process is now easier than ever.
WHY PARTICIPATE IN ROCKET EXPRESS?
With Rocket Express, you will apply to both institutions at the same time, which allows you to:
- Receive provisional admittance at UT, based on transfer GPA, while enrolled at Owens Community College
- Lock in your curriculum for up to three academic years from time of admission to Rocket Express
- Track your degree progress at both institutions, on both your Ozone account and your UTAD account
- Work with your UT transfer specialist while studying at Owens Community College to ensure all classes will apply to your specific degree plan at UT
- Attend events on The University of Toledo's campus even before you enroll in UT classes
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE IN ROCKET EXPRESS?
- If you are already enrolled at Owens, complete the Rocket Express form available in your Ozone account under Academic Info
- If you are applying to Owens for the first time, select Rocket Express on your Owens admissions application
- You must complete 12 credit hours at Owens and maintain an overall GPA of 2.0
- Maintain good financial standing at Owens
For more details, including scholarship information, visit utoledo.edu/admission/rocket-express.
- Owens Community College
- Office of Admissions
- (567) 661-7777 (Toledo) or (567) 429-3509 (Findlay)