Dual Admission Program
Rocket Express is a partnership between Owens Community College and The University of Toledo. It is designed to provide you a seamless pathway to a bachelor’s degree while also decreasing the time to degree completion. The University of Toledo offers the most diverse range of collegiate academic programs in the Northwest Ohio region. As a UToledo student, you can choose from any of 140 undergraduate majors and programs. UToledo offers nationally ranked professional programs in business, engineering, and law, and health science programs including physical and occupational therapy, nursing, pharmacy and medicine. For decades, The University of Toledo and Owens Community College have worked together to make the process of transitioning from Owens to UToledo as smooth as possible for students. With Rocket Express, this process is now easier than ever.
Why Participate In Rocket Express?
With Rocket Express, you will apply to both institutions at the same time, which allows you to:
- Receive provisional admittance at UToledo, based on transfer GPA, while enrolled at Owens Community College
- Lock in your curriculum for up to three academic years from time of admission to Rocket Express
- Track your degree progress at both institutions, on both your Ozone account and your UTAD account
- Work with your UToledo transfer specialist while studying at Owens Community College to ensure all classes will apply to your specific degree plan at UToledo
- Attend events on The University of Toledo’s campus even before you enroll in UToledo classes
Who Is Eligible?
Students who are planning on completing a baccalaureate degree at UToledo are encouraged to participate in this program. You must complete 12 credit hours or more, maintain an overall GPA of 2.0 or greater, and maintain good financial standing at Owens. Students are NOT eligible if they had been a previous UToledo student or are only taking a few classes at Owens for the purposes of transferring back to UToledo (Transient Student).
How Can I Participate In Rocket Express?
- Complete the Owens application for admission and indicate UToledo as your desired university to complete a baccalaureate degree. **If you did not indicate that you wished to participate in the program when you completed your Owens application, follow the steps for “Current Students.”**
- If you are a current Owens student, and wish to opt into the program, please complete the “Rocket Express Form.” It can be found in your Ozone account under the Transfer Express Programs card. You may have to click the “Discover More” button and enter the title in the search bar.
- You may submit the completed form to the Student Service Center, email it to email@example.com, or mail it to: Owens State Community College, Records Office, PO Box 10,000, Toledo, OH, 43699
For more details, including scholarship information, visit utoledo.edu/admission/rocket-express.
- Owens Community College
- Office of Admissions
- (567) 661-7777
- The University of Toledo
- (419) 530-8888