Many high school graduates have felt the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and have experienced many significant changes to their plans after high school. Owens is offering students who may have delayed their college career additional financial assistance through the Class of 2020 Spring Start Scholarship.
This unique scholarship opportunity allows 2020 high school graduates to start their academic path at Owens in Spring 2021 to keep their educational career and future on track.
This $500 scholarship is available to any new student who meets the requirements, regardless of financial need. An additional $250 scholarship would be awarded for the Summer 2021 Semester to those Spring 2021 scholarship recipients who continue to meet eligibility requirements.
The Class of 2020 Spring Start Scholarship requirements include:
- Must be a member of the Class of 2020 who graduated from a high school in our legal service district. The Owens legal district includes schools in Lucas, Wood, Hancock counties, as well as Benton-Carroll-Salem, Genoa, and Woodmore school districts.
- Must be a new college student who has not yet enrolled in college or university post-graduation.
- Must be enrolled in 12 credit hours as of Spring 2021 census date, February 1, 2021.
- Must be degree or certificate-seeking.
- Must have a completed FAFSA on file.
- For Summer 2021, students must be enrolled in six credit hours as of the Summer 2021 census date and maintain a 2.0 GPA.
There is no additional scholarship application needed. Once the following necessary items are on file to verify eligibility, the scholarship will be automatically awarded to the student:
- Final High School transcript
- Owens Application
- Registration of 12 credit hours for Spring 2021
For more information, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (567) 661-7777.