(567) 661-VETS (8387) or email@example.com
Notify the Owens Veterans Services office of any changes in enrollment, address or major. This is in addition to notifying the Owens Records Office. Address changes also must be reported to the VA.
Contact the Office of Veterans Services for instructions on transferring your benefits. An official transcript must be submitted to the Owens Records Office for evaluation. You must notify the Office of Veterans Services when the transfer evaluation is complete.
Armed Services Programs
The United States armed services, both active duty and reserves, have developed attractive programs to assist enlistees in obtaining a college education. Students should contact their area recruiter to learn about the numerous opportunities available.
- DANTES: http://www.dantes.doded.mil/index.html
- GI Bill: www.gibill.va.gov
- Servicemembers Opportunity College: www.soc.aascu.org
- Air Force: www.af.mil
- Army: www.army.mil
- Coast Guard: www.uscg.mil
- Marine Corps: www.usmc.mil
- Navy: www.navy.mil
Ohio National Guard Tuition Assistance
Students who have enlisted, re-enlisted or extended their obligation for six years in the Ohio National Guard are eligible to receive a grant to pay for 100 percent of their tuition. Interested students should contact their local guard unit for details and application procedures.
- Award amount: Equal to tuition charges (registration, lab, and parking fees are not included)
- Enrollment required: 3 credit hours or more
- Application: Contact your unit for application procedures. Eligible students receive an approval letter from the Ohio Adjutant General's Office. A copy of this letter should be submitted to the Office of Veterans Services in College Hall 130.
Many organizations are improving their skills or emerging at helping veterans find employment following college graduation. Many companies or business organizations may seek veterans for employment because of their military experience coupled with a college degree.
The following sites are resources that may be valuable in your job search after graduating from Owens Community College. As always, please contact the Owens Office of Veterans Services for additional assistance.
- College Central Network: http://www.collegecentral.com/owens/
- G.I. Jobs: http://www.gijobs.com/
- Military.com: http://www.military.com/
- Ohio Means Jobs: https://jobseeker.ohiomeansjobs.monster.com/
- Department of Veterans Affairs: www.va.gov/
- U.S. Department of Labor Veterans' Employment & Training Service: www.dol.gov/vets/index.htm
- Veterans News & Information Service : www.vnis.com/
- VA Health Benefits: www.1010ez.med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/
- Ohio Veterans Bonus Program Web Site: https://veteransbonus.ohio.gov/
- Ohio Department of Veterans Services: http://dvs.ohio.gov/
- Today's GI Bill: www.todaysgibill.org
- Associate of Technical Studies Degree: http://catalog.owens.edu/
- Ohio War Orphans: www.owens.edu/financial_aid/scholarships.html#orphan
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Account : www.militaryonesource.com
- Request Official Military Transcripts: https://jst.doded.mil/official.html
- Request Official Air Force Transcripts: http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp
- State of Ohio Veterans Program: www.jfs.ohio.gov/owd/Program/veterans-home.stm
This page contains a summary of consumer information that is available for you. If you would like a printed copy of any of these disclosures, please contact the Office of Veterans Services for assistance.
College Navigator provides information about schools which includes costs, financial aid, enrollment, and other information. Owens Community College information can be found on the U.S. Department of Education's College Navigator site.
The College Scorecard provides information about a college's affordability.
Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet provides a summary of a student's financial aid in a standardized format so that students may compare costs and financial aid at various colleges and universities. Students who have applied for financial aid can view their Shopping Sheet in Ozone by clicking on the Financial Aid link, then clicking on Shopping Sheet. Click here to view an example of the Shopping Sheet for an independent student with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of zero.
Paying for College
The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau's Paying for College website provides information about paying for college and a tool to compare financial aid offers.