VA Benefits

(567) 661-VETS (8387) or

Veterans attending Owens Community College may be eligible to receive benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs when pursuing most associate degree programs.  All Veterans, Spouse and Dependents of Veterans may be eligible for Priority Registration where they have the opportunity to register for classes before other students.  Contact the Veterans Services Office for more information.

To determine your eligibility, go to or to

To complete your online application with the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, go to

Benefits are available under the following programs:

Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty)
For veterans who served under active duty and contributed to the GI Bill fund

Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation
For veterans with a service-connected disability

Chapter 33 – Post-9/11 GI Bill
Provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after Sept. 11, 2001

Chapter 35 – Survivor & Dependent’s Educational Assistance
For children and spouses of veterans whose death or disability is service-connected

Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill (Selected Reserved/Ohio National Guard)
For members of Selected Reserve or Ready Reserve

Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)
For veteran reserves who were called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency for at least 90 days after Sept. 11, 2001.

Forever GI BILL – Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act – For more information on the Forever GI BILL please click on this link:

Apply for Educational Benefits

Please use the GI Bill Comparison Tool to determine if you are eligible for education benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs.  If you are eligible please apply at this link:  You can also call 1-888-GI-BILL-1. If you have further questions, please call our office at (567) 661-VETS (8387) or email us at