For recipients of the U.S. Department of Education Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF), the recipient will comply with all reporting requirements including those of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (Pub. L. 116–136), the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSAA) Act 2021 (Pub. L. 116-260) and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) (Pub. L. 117-2) and submit required quarterly reports to the Secretary, at such time and in such manner and containing such information as the Secretary may reasonably require.
Owens Community College has received Institutional Portion – Section 18004(a)(1) and Title III Strengthening Institutions – Section 18004(a)(2) HEERF Formula Grants authorized by of the CARES Act, CRRSAA Act 2021 and ARP Act of 2021.
Owens Community College received $1,968,893 from the U.S. Department of Education HEERF Section 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion on May 21, 2020. Additional HEERF allocations were received on January 19, 2021 ($7,348,999) and May 13, 2021 ($8,126,217).
Owens Community College received $195,466 from the U.S. Department of Education HEERF Section 18004(a)(2) Title III Strengthen Institutions on June 18, 2020. Additional HEERF allocations were received on November 17, 2020 ($2,305) and on March 5, 2021 ($392,608).
To date, funds have been utilized to:
- Operate additional class sections to enable social distancing, such as those for hiring more instructors and increasing campus hours of operations.
- Purchase, lease, or rent additional instructional equipment and supplies (such as laboratory equipment or computers) to reduce the number of students sharing equipment or supplies during a class period and to provide time for disinfection between uses.
- Replace lost revenue from academic sources.
- Increase campus safety and operations.
- Purchase faculty and staff training in online instruction; or pay additional funds to staff who are providing training in addition to their regular job responsibilities.
- Replace lost revenue from auxiliary services sources.
- Purchase, lease, or rent additional equipment or software to enable distance learning, or upgrade campus wi‐fi access or extend open networks to parking lots or public spaces, etc.
Owens Community College continues to assess the institution’s needs and prioritize the best use of HEERF.
Public Reporting for Sections 18004(a)(1) & 18004(a)(2)
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting – 9/30/2020
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting – 12/31/2020
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting – 3/31/2021
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting – 6/30/2021
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting – 6/30/2021 (Revised)