TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally funded grant program through the US Department of Education. EOC assists adults of ages 19 and above and U.S. veterans to enroll in and complete a post-secondary education program. All services are provided free of charge to participants who meet the eligibility requirements.
The mission of the Educational Opportunity Centers Program is to provide services for adults desiring to pursue their education beyond high school. The Center’s goal is to increase the number of adults in the surrounding areas enrolling in colleges and universities.
EOC seeks to inform both adults and the larger community about educational opportunities that foster the ability of adults to achieve life changes, enhanced workforce engagement, and effective citizenship in the local, national, and global community.
EOC pursues its mission utilizing a professional staff committed to the idea of educational access for persons who are first generation and limited income, also, strongly dedicated to the academic, cultural, economic, and social development of adult learners representing diverse backgrounds.
- 19 years of age or older
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident status (documentation required)
- A commitment to succeed in post-secondary education
And meet at least one of the following:
- Meet federal guidelines to demonstrate financial need
- A first-generation college student (First Generation College Student – an individual whose parent/guardians did not graduate from a 4-year college or university)
- A Veteran of any age
- Assistance completing applications for college admissions, testing, and financial aid
- Guidance on secondary school re-entry or entry to a GED program
- Career counseling and workshops
- Academic advice
- College pre-admission counseling
- Specialized assistance for veterans, military affiliated members
- Information on postsecondary education opportunities and student financial assistance
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students
Or, you can fill out the PDF application.
- Method 1: Right-click this link to the PDF application and select “Save link as” or “Save target as” and save to your computer (make note of where you saved the application).
- Once saved, open the application from where you saved it on your computer, fill it out and save it again.
- Method 2: click this link to the PDF application and after the PDF opens, right-click anywhere on the PDF and click “Save” or “Save As.”
In the News
Director, TRIO Programs
Assistant Director, TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
Specialist, TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)