Owens offers more than 70 programs. Check them out!
School of Nursing and Health Professions
|Contact us at (567) 661-7206|
|Registered Nursing (RN)||email@example.com|
|Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|LPN to RNemail@example.com|
|Surgical Technology & Sterile Processingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|State Tested Nurse Assistingemail@example.com|
|Therapeutic Services Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Health Information & Medical Codingemail@example.com|
|Occupational Therapy Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Physical Therapist Assistantemail@example.com|
|Dental Hygiene Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Medical Imaging Departmentemail@example.com|
|Magnetic Resonance Imagingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|General & Vascular Sonographyemail@example.com|
|Catherine A. Ford, Deanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The School of Nursing and Health Professions at Owens Community College offers a variety of courses, certificates and degrees in many healthcare occupations. Most health career programs require selective admissions. Upon acceptance, these programs are two years in length and lead to an Associate in Applied Science Degree.
Open enrollment, certificate programs that lead directly to job opportunities are also offered.
The School of Nursing and Health Professions utilizes up to date technology in state of the art laboratory settings in our academic programs. In addition, the programs offer hands on learning in clinical facilities on campus and throughout the community.
Program faculty are credentialed in their area of expertise and can apply real world experience in their instruction. These experts prepare students with the knowledge, skills and professionalism necessary to achieve success in students' chosen careers. Programs also engage with community leaders who serve on advisory committees and provide the input necessary to maintain quality, relevant programs.
Find out more about our free OB ultrasounds conducted by Owens Sonography students.
The scholarships found on this webpage are specific to degrees within the School of Nursing and Health Professions. Although procedures and deadlines vary, many scholarship applications require the student to write an essay. Tips for writing a scholarship essay are available from the Writing Center. Some scholarships may be offered through professional organizations which may require a membership to apply.
- Ohio Society of Radiologic Technologists Educational and Research Foundation Grants
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists
- The American Dental Hygiene Association
- The Ohio Dental Hygienists' Association
- The American Dental Association
- The Ohio Dental Association
- The American Dental Education Association
- The Toledo Dental Hygienists' Association -- contact the Program Chair (567) 661-7290
- The Toledo Dental Society -- contact them at (419) 474-8611
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Tylenol Scholarship Fund
- America Health Information Management Association
- Ohio Health Information Management
- Northwest Ohio Health Information Management Association
- National Student Nurse Association
- Ruth L. Kelly Scholarship (See the Nursing Student Resource Manual)
- Ohio Occupational Therapy Association (OOTA)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Giva Semi-Annual Outstanding Nursing Student Scholarship
In addition to these scholarships there are a variety local opportunities that offer tuition reimbursement based on academic achievement; and other financial aid programs, scholarships and on-campus employment opportunities available at Owens Community College. For more information, visit the College scholarship website.