Business Office Professional, AAB (Owens Code: BUOP)
This degree prepares students for the following career categories: Office Assistant/Specialist; Administrative Assistant/Specialist, Customer Service Representative, Technical Office Assistant.
The Office Administration program provides the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish the many creative and demanding tasks in today’s office and provides a professional foundation for success in a business environment.
Course content incorporates the latest technology and software programs. Students acquire office and computer skills as they learn business and computer terminology. Students also become familiar with several software programs, learn to format and process documents, learn and apply word processing software commands, and develop English, reading, and critical thinking skills. Students enhance their communications skills and learn the work attitudes essential for successful employment in the area of office support services.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate competency in the use of computer application software
- Demonstrate effective communication
- Apply workplace skills related to the field of office administration
- Employ appropriate customer service skills
- Identify and perform basic problem solving and critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Demonstrate effective research skills and tools related to the job
- Identify medical ethics and law pertinent to the allied health and related professions
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of medical terminology
- Demonstrate the understanding of patient data, billing, insurances, and collections