|The total number of graduates from the Owens Community College Health Information Technology Program during the 3-year period of 2018-2020 was 37, with an overall graduation rate of 100%.|
|Graduation Year||Students Entering/Graduation||Graduation Rate||Certification Exam Pass Rate|
*National Average: 2020 73%, 2019 76%, 2018 75%
Each class is asked to complete a survey 6 months after graduation that asks for their impression of the learning experience they received in our Health Information Technology Program.
The results indicate 100% agreement that the students feel the program has:
- Prepared them in acquiring the knowledge and skills to perform as a Health Information Technology Professional.
- Prepared them to communicate effectively within his/her work setting.
- Prepared them to conduct his/herself in an ethical and professional manner.
In surveying the employers of our students and the professional practice site supervisors, results indicate 100% agreement that our students:
- Possess the technical skills and have the knowledge needed to perform in the health information management department.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, solve problems, and develop appropriate action steps.
- Communicate effectively.
- Conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner.