A New Student is a student who is attending college for the first time.
The following admission steps should be completed before meeting with your advisor.
- Check Omail, Ozone, and Blackboard announcements daily for information about campus events, important dates, and student organizations.
- Check your Ozone account for any outstanding holds that could prevent registration.
- Ozone > Registration Card > View Holds
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss major, course selection and registration.
- Pre -health students should meet with their advisor at least once a semester to review admission requirements.
- Meet with your Student Financial Services Advisor to discuss financial obligations.
- Register for classes through your Ozone account.
- View your class schedule to be sure your registration is correct.
- Ozone > Registration Card > Class schedule by semester
- Obtain any necessary books and supplies.
Credit Hour Recommendations
A full-time student is someone who is taking at least 12 credit hours in a semester.
- Taking 12 or more credit hours is considered full-time, any less is part-time
- Students taking up to 18 credit hours may web register online
- Taking 19 to 20 credit hours requires an Academic Advisor’s approval
- Taking 21 or more requires the Dean’s approval
- One credit equals one hour in class. For every hour a student is in class, plan for at least 2 hours of study time per week. For example: If a student is in a 3 credit hour class, he/she should plan to spend at least 6 hours per week studying for this class.
- Advising Syllabus
- Student Financial Services
- Add/ Drop Classes
- Tutoring Services
- Degree Audit – A degree audit can be completed using the Education Planning Card and clicking on the “Degree Evaluation” link via your Ozone account.