Student & Alumni Employment Registration
Off-Campus employment is available through our online job board, College Central Network, and can be viewed by all current Owens Community College students and alumni after completing the following registration process.
Registering on College Central:
- Go to: www.collegecentral.com/owens
- Select the Student/Alumni icon, and read the information and announcements on the next page.
- Go to the Register Now link.
- Create an Access ID and a Password that you will remember
- Then Continue Registration.
- Complete all requested information on the registration form. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so be as thorough as possible.
- Be sure to select the degree and major that you are pursuing so that the Job Agent can notify you of jobs posted to your school that match your interests.
- From your homepage, select Search for Jobs/Opportunities Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then Begin Search. You may also Search for Jobs in CCN's Jobs Central, our national jobs database.
Note: When conducting a job search using CCN, be aware that by selecting several search criteria you are narrowing your search. It is a good idea to conduct a focused search, but also try searching different criteria.
- You personal Job Agent runs every day and opportunities that might match your qualifications are prominently displayed.
- To monitor your job search, select View My Job Search History from your homepage.
- Review the Career Advice Video Library to get additional job search tips and company info.
- Resume Upload is on your homepage, in the Manage My Resume section.
- Acceptable formats are listed. If you do not upload a resume, employers will not be able to find you when they search for candidates and you may miss out on opportunities.
- When a new resume is uploaded it takes the place of the current resume. Resumes that have not been updated in 18 months will be purged from the database.
- Choose the Headlines categories that are of interest to you.
You can visit the Web site 24/7. To login, after selecting the Student icon from the homepage, select Login at Student Central on the next screen. Enter your Access ID and Password. It is imperative to keep your info updated.
Applying for a Posted Position
- Log onto www.collegecentral.com/owens and log in using your user name and password.
- Click on the type of job you are interested in under Job Search. Enter the job search criteria and click Search Jobs.
- Click on the job(s) you are interested in applying for. The options for applying for the position(s) will be listed under Contact information.
Other Benefits of Registering
- Career Advise Media Library
- Job Search Kit
-- Cover Letters