Student Employee Free Semester Request

You must be registered for 6 or more credit hours for two out of the three semesters per academic year. You can request a “Free Semester” which allows you to be enrolled in fewer than 6 credit hours and continue to work as a Student Employee for one semester in the academic year. The academic year begins with the summer semester and ends with the spring semester.

If your “Free Semester” is summer, you do not have to be registered for summer as long as you are already registered for at least 6 credit hours for the fall semester.

If your “Free Semester” is either fall or spring, you must be registered for a minimum of 3 credit hours.

To use this option, email from your Owens email account and state which semester you would like to use as your “free semester.”