The Career Journey
The first step in your career journey is to learn about yourself. Below are some tools for you to discover more about your abilities, skills, interests, and values.
- Go to Career Coach, and create a profile to save your data. Click on Take Career Assessment, and choose the 60-question assessment.
- Log into Ozone, go to My Career Center, and create a Focus™ 2 account using Access Code: OWENS. Complete one or all of the Self Assessments.
- Also in My Career Center, visit Virtual Job Shadow and complete one or all of the Interests and Values Assessments.
The second step in your career journey is to learn about career options. Below are some tools for you to discover the career opportunities available to you based on your career assessment results.
- Go to Career Coach to learn more about possible career fields, current job opportunities, and related Owens majors.
- Go to Focus™ 2 in your Ozone to compare occupations based on not only your skills, but your interests and values as well.
- In your Ozone visit Virtual Job Shadow to watch videos of working professionals in their work environments.
The final step in your career journey is to create a plan to reach your career goals.
- Make a Decision — Choose a career path and related major.
- Set Your Goals — Create an Academic Plan with your Academic Advisor.
- Evaluate Your Academic Progress — Meet with your Academic Advisor each semester.
If you need further assistance, our Career and Transfer Advisors are here to help you find the ideal major and/or career. Please call (567) 661-2387 to make an appointment.