In the event of an emergency call 9-1-1 or
The Department of Public Safety (567) 661-7575
In case of a power outage on campus:
- Remain calm and offer assistance if you can.
- Move to areas of natural light in the event power is restored quickly.
- In areas with poor natural light, evacuate promptly.
- Move to the nearest exit if necessary; do not panic or push others while exiting.
- Laboratory personnel should secure all experiments and unplug electrical equipment before evacuating.
- All chemicals should be stored in their original locations.
- Provide natural ventilation by opening all windows and doors.
- If this is not possible or natural ventilation is inadequate, evacuate the laboratory until power is returned.
- Do not use candles or other types of flame for lighting.
- Turn off equipment and turn off light switches if possible.
- Emergency lighting for exit pathways will function for 15 – 90 minutes following a power outage.
- Follow the direction of Department of Public Safety personnel or their designees.