Report a Safety Hazard (employee Intranet login)
Safety Data Sheet Search — Search using a cloud-based system.
- Emergency Action Plan — A guide to what to do in an emergency. Read more >>
- Medical and First Aid Program — This program identifies those Owens personnel that will respond to medical emergencies, where safety equipment is found and the maintenance requirements. Read more >>
- Motorized Vehicle Equipment Program — This program was developed to provide training and certification for employees who operate motorized vehicle equipment at Owens. Read more >>
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program — This program provides information on the AEDs on the campuses/learning center, as well as procedures in the event one is used. Read more >>
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) Program
- Bloodborne Pathogens Program
THINK SAFE – WORK SAFE
November Safety Topic: Hierarchy of Controls
Think wearing your protective equipment is the best option for safety?
Not according to the Hierarchy of Controls!
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Their vision is for safer and healthier workers through knowledge. According to NIOSH the best option for safety is to physically remove the hazard.