Eligibility for Admission
- 3.2 grade-point average or higher
After admission to the Honors Program, you are required to complete the following courses and coursework:
- HONORS 101, Critical Thinking Seminar
- HONORS 201, Interpretations Seminar
- Honors Option Contracts: Earn Honors Credit by working with a faculty member to explore greater depth in whichever three courses (9 hours) you are already taking.
Total Honors Hours: 15
Honors Scholars must have a 3.5 grade-point average at the time of graduation and “A” or “B” in all their Honors Program courses.
*Students may receive Honors credit without completing the full Honors Program Curriculum. Students seeking Honors program course credit only must still meet Honors Program entry criteria. Their honors course credit will be noted on their transcript if they receive an “A” or “B” in the course, but the transcript will not note “Honors Program Graduate” as it will for students completing the full curriculum.
Students who complete the Honors Program seamlessly transfer to Honors Colleges at
- Bowling Green State University
- Eastern Michigan University
- University of Toledo