It's On Us to Stop Sexual Assault
Owens Community College is committed to providing safe and dignified campus and learning center environments that are free from sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, and sexual assault and its harmful effects.
It's On Us is an education based campaign focusing on sexual assault awareness and prevention on college campuses. It's On Us aims to shift the way we think about sexual assault by inspiring everyone to see it as their responsibility to do something, big or small, to prevent it. It is committed to creating an environment where sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
You can assist in the College's efforts to provide a safe learning environment for all students by taking the It's On Us pledge to make a personal commitment to help keep women and men safe from sexual assault.
In the event that a student or employee is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.
Campus Maps for Building Locations
Department of Public Safety
Public Safety Building
Veterans Hall 104
Education Center 112D
Title IX Office
Toledo: College Hall, 158
Findlay: Education Center, 112Q
Danielle Filipchuk, Director of Student Life and Title IX
James Katzner, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students
Lorraine Stiefel, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employees
- 1 in 5 women is sexually assaulted while in college.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men experience violence form their partners in their lifetime
- 1 in 5 women are survivors of rape
- 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men have experienced some form of sexual violence in their lives.
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men were sexually abused before the age of 18
- 75% of the time the attacker is an acquaintance, classmate, friend or (ex)boyfriend
- Sexual Assault Underreported (in college)
- Only 2% of incapacitated victims report
- Only 13% of forcible rape victims report
- To RECOGNIZE that non-consensual sex is sexual assault.
- To IDENTIFY situations in which sexual assault may occur.
- To INTERVENE in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
- To CREATE an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
Take the It's On Us pledge.
Distressed Person Response Protocol
To assist a person in distress, please refer to the Distressed Person Response Protocol at our Office of Student Conduct page.