A student is eligible to become a candidate for an Associate Degree when the student has completed all necessary requirements. Students should submit the graduation petition for the term in which all degree requirements will be completed.
What happens after I submit my graduation petition?
Once the graduation petition is submitted, the Records Office will review your initial degree evaluation.
If the graduation petition is approved:
- You will receive a series of emails throughout the semester containing important graduation and commencement information.
- Commencement events and information will be updated on the Owens website, on Ozone, and communications will be sent to your student email account.
Approval of the graduation petition does not determine that you will be awarded the degree. At the end of the semester when final grades have been submitted, the Records Office will review the final degree evaluation. You must have successfully completed all degree and graduation requirements.
- Students that have not been issued an “NGR” or Incomplete (I) grade must complete their course requirements successfully and meet all the graduation requirements within 30 days of the end of the term. Otherwise the graduation petition will be denied.
If the graduation petition is denied:
- You will receive an email outlining in detail your missing requirements.
- For questions regarding a denied petition, you can contact your academic advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are unable to resolve the missing requirements, you must submit a graduation petition for a future semester.
All students should verify that their mailing address is correct. You can do this on Ozone by:
- Log into your Ozone account.
- Under My Ozone in the My Personal Information box, select Update My Address & Phone.
- Your current mailing address and phone number will display. If incorrect, please click the UPDATE link shown next to your permanent address.
For questions regarding the status of your petition or requirements, please email email@example.com.