Connection Mentors are student employees who work in the Center for Campus and Community Connections.
- Help new students navigate college processes and adjust to college student life.
- Identify and address challenges and barriers to student success.
- Learn tips and tools for academic success (time management, goal setting, organizational skills, etc.) and share those with students.
- Build a network of support with college staff and faculty.
- Help students build their own network of support.
- Connect to helpful college and community resources.
- Attend assigned courses (predominantly courses for 1st year students) and build relationships with faculty and students to develop plans to support student retention and success.
- Apply for state assistance programs through Ohio Job and Family Services.
- Model a commitment to serve, support, engage and inspire the Owens Community College community.
To meet with a Connection Mentor, please visit College Hall 154/155 , call (567) 661-2293 or email email@example.com. Make sure to also complete the Student Resource Survey and a connection mentor will reach out to you.