Civic Engagement, Critical Reflection, Scholarship
Students in the Service Scholar program receive recognition for community engagement initiatives, designated service activities, service learning courses and community volunteering.
Interested students can download the Service Scholar Program Application. The completed application (read carefully) can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off/mailed to College Hall 123.
Service Scholar Requirements:
- Log and submit all service hours to the Center for Campus and Community Connections (CCCC).
- Maintain records, paperwork and contact information related to the chosen community partner organization(s).
- Maintain communication with the program director and/or faculty representative
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA — academic status verified by the CCCC at the end of each semester.
- Complete at least 40 hours of community service related to degree or course of study learning outcomes OR participate in community engaged learning that is embedded into a degree program (i.e. dental hygiene, nursing, etc.). Hours may include clinicals, internship or practicum hours if they take place at an approved site.
Prior to graduation, students need to submit completed time log forms with signature verification. Upon approved completion of all program requirements students will receive a certificate and a red, white and silver cord to wear at commencement. Service Scholars will be recognized during commencement and will have a notation of service scholarship on their official Owens transcript.
For questions regarding the service scholar program, please email: email@example.com