Student Technical Support
- Blackboard Technical Support – If you are experiencing technical difficulties with Blackboard, you can contact the Owens IT Help Desk at (567) 661-7120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check Your Browser for Blackboard Compatibility
- Blackboard Help for Students
- Owens Blackboard Tutorials – The tutorials linked on the following web page are animated Macromedia Flash files. They demonstrate some basic Blackboard features that you may be asked to use in your course. These tutorials range in size from 4 – 7 Megabytes and may take a few minutes to open on slower Internet connections. *Tutorials contain audio.
The links below will direct you to free software from sources outside of Owens Community College. Even though these sources are familiar and trusted, the College cannot be responsible for any issues related to the downloading, installation, and use of these products. You may find that you will eventually need some of these programs while working in Blackboard. It is not necessary to download any of these programs until you are certain you need them.
- Adobe Reader – Adobe Reader (formerly called Acrobat Reader) is available from Adobe’s web site, and allows the viewing and printing of PDF files, which are used by some instructors.
- Office 365 – Office 365 is available for free to active Owens students, faculty and staff. This plan allows students to install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access on up to 5 PCs or Macs and Office apps on other mobile devices including Windows tablets and iPads®. Go here for FAQs.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser – Beginning August 2018, some Owens Instructors may require you to use the Respondus Lockdown Browser to take online assessments in Blackboard. Go here to download the Lockdown Browser for installation on your personal computer.
Please note that you will not be able to download or install the Respondus Lockdown Browser on College computers.
Student Academic Resources
- Owens Community College Library – The Owens Community College Library is a member of OhioLINK, the Ohio Library Information Network. A wide range of online services and resources are provided to students, including:
- Owens Library – Library’s website. Includes access to OneSearch, databases, eReserves, eBooks, and all library resources.
- OneSearch – Search the library catalog, including eBooks and videos, as well as databases and OhioLINK
- eReserves – Online class reserve materials
- LibGuides – Subject and course guides
- Videos and Tutorials – Videos and tutorials to guide you through accessing and using library resources
- Databases – Search individual databases
- Electronic Journal Center – Search the contents of full-text periodicals
- OhioLINK – Tips for searching OhioLINK resources
- Owens Writing Center – Whether you are writing an essay, a work order, a research paper, a poem or a lab report, the Writing Center is the place to discuss your writing needs with a trained Writing Tutor.
- eTutoring – Owens Community College is part of the Ohio eTutoring Collaborative. Owens students can obtain online tutoring assistance in Writing and a number of other subject areas. Hours of availability in specific subjects may vary.
- Owens Tutoring Services (Academic Success Centers)
- Owens Testing Services
- Owens Disability Services – Disability Services provides support services, information and guidance to students with disabilities who are attending or plan to attend Owens Community College. Services are coordinated for individuals with various disabilities, including learning disabilities.
- See It. Hear It. Report It.
- Student Code of Conduct – Each student at Owens Community College is responsible for adhering to the policies in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Procedures and Guidelines – Owens Community College is committed to providing safe and dignified campus and learning center environments that are free from sexual misconduct, sexual harassment and sexual assault and its harmful effects.
- Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Procedures and Guidelines – Owens Community College strongly opposes and will not tolerate harassment or discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or veteran status.
- Incident Reporting Form – This incident report form is available to anyone reporting behavior that is concerning or involves alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct. This form is also available to report any alleged violation of the Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Procedures and guidelines at Owens Community College.