What is TRIO SSS?
TRIO Student Support Services is a federally-funded program to help students attain an Associate’s Degree, certificate, and/or transfer to a 4-year university. The SSS staff is dedicated to:
- Promoting academic support so students can successfully obtain their college degree.
- Providing individualized academic advising to help individuals achieve their educational goals.
- Assisting students with overcoming barriers to their college success.
- Providing an environment that recognizes the diversity of backgrounds and learning styles of the individuals served.
Read our information sheet for more information about TRIO SSS!
How TRIO SSS Can Help You
The TRIO Student Support Services staff is dedicated to helping you navigate college successfully. They offer individual services and group workshops to help you attain your educational goals. Some of the services benefiting you are:
- Individualized tutoring
- Personal and career counseling
- Academic and career workshops
- Transfer assistance
- Financial aid assistance
- Cultural activities
- First-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year degree)
- Limited income
- Documented learning or physical disability
Refer a Student
Fill out our Tutor Request Form. >>
Visit us in College Hall Room 120.
TRIO Student Support Services
Owens State Community College
PO Box 10,000
Toledo, Ohio 43699
Students, take our survey!
Survey for TRIO SSS Students, Spring 2020 End of Semester
Academic Engagement Specialist
Sr. Academic Engagement Specialist
Click through our videos below to discover what inspires our First Gen students and hear their advice on how to be successful in college.
TRIO Student Support Services Mission:
The TRIO Student Support Services Program at Owens State Community College is a program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Program activities and services are designed to increase academic performance and promote responsibility, integrity, and personal growth. Our mission is to provide individualized support to eligible students in order to assist them with persistence in obtaining an Associate Degree, certificate, and/or transfer to a 4-year university.