What is TRIO SSS?
TRIO Student Support Services is a federally-funded program to help students attain an Associate Degree, certificate, and/or transfer to a 4-year university.
The SSS staff is dedicated to:
- Promoting academic support so students can successfully obtain their college degree.
- Providing individualized academic advising to help individuals achieve their educational goals.
- Assisting students with overcoming barriers to their college success.
- Providing an environment that recognizes the diversity of backgrounds and learning styles of the individuals served.
Read our information sheet for more information. >>
How TRIO SSS Can Help You
The TRIO Student Support Services staff is dedicated to helping you navigate college successfully. They offer individual services and group workshops to help you attain your educational goals. Some of the services benefiting you are:
- Individualized tutoring
- Personal and career counseling
- Academic and career workshops
- Transfer assistance
- Financial aid assistance
- Cultural activities
- First-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year degree)
- Limited income
- Documented learning or physical disability
TRIO Student Support Services is currently only accepting completed applications electronically.
Fill out an application here. >>
Refer a Student
Refer a student to TRIO here. >>
Fill out our Tutor Request Form. >>
Visit us in College Hall Room 158.
TRIO Student Support Services
Owens State Community College
PO Box 10,000
Toledo, Ohio 43699
Tutor Contact Information
Terrie Clay, Writing Tutor
Erik Sorensen, Writing Tutor
Christina Sigley, Math Tutor
Click through our videos below to discover what inspires our First Gen students and hear their advice on how to be successful in college.