TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded grant program through the US Department of Education. We serve eligible Owens Community College students.
TRIO Student Support Services provides and coordinates a variety of educational support services for students who are first generation, low/limited-income, and/or students with disabilities. The purpose of the program is to increase college retention, graduation and transfer rates to four-year institutions for eligible members.
Eligibility is based on federally defined criteria where at least one of the following must be met:
- A first generation college student (neither parent has a Bachelor’s degree)
- Limited income as defined by federal guidelines (verified by SSS staff) and/or
- Have a documented learning or physical disability
- Students must be registered for classes at Owens Community College.
- Students must be enrolled in an Associate Degree or Certificate program at Owens Community College.
- Students must be in good academic standing based on the requirements of Owens Community College.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or permanent
- Students cannot have an Associate or Bachelor’s